|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, June 15

Weekend Adventures

I feel so special when I don't blog for a few days and then I get asked why I haven't been blogging! The blogging will be sparse the next couple of weeks. Ty is on a little break before rotations start in July!!!! I'm so excited. He took his big board test on Saturday and we have been hanging out non-stop ever since. We are having so much fun and will be taking advantage of all this free time together. I am taking off work for a week. yay!
Time for a weekend recap:
I had to work an event Saturday morning and Ty was exhausted after his test, but we made ourselves leave the house that evening. We went to the movies and saw The Hangover. It was so funny!
Sunday was such a nice, relaxing day. It had been far too long since we have had one of those together. (I always have a relaxing Sunday, but Ty is usually studying all day.) We went to church, had lunch from Quik Trip, visited my cousin and his family, and went to Wal-Mart. {Taking Ty to Wal-Mart is probably what my mom experienced when us 3 kids went with her. We ended up with all kinds of strange things in the cart. He picked out hamburger helper chili macaroni. I will not be fixing that anytime soon! ew!}
We had Chesley over for dinner and grilled steaks. At the last minute we decided to go to the drive-in movie theater and see Up. It was a cute movie. I hadn't been to a drive-in theater since middle school (I saw Men in Black, just to take you back).
You pay for a double feature. The 2nd movie didn't start until 10:50--way too late for this working lady, so we opted out.
We had so much fun!

{my night setting creates an even brighter than usual flash, which is why Ty's eyes look crazy!}

Tomorrow is my last working day for a while. Ty and I have lots of plans for this week and this weekend we are headed on a mini vacay. Lots and lots of fun in store!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! The last movie I saw at that drive in was Forest Gump! Forever ago!! You are going to have such a fun week off with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your hubby time! I'm sure you are so relieved for him to have a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so precious! Thank you for being such a good friend to Whit. She loves you very much, as do I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun!! the drive in and getting to spend lots of time with Ty!! Enjoy it :) Where is the drive in??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time off! I LOVE going to the drive-in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Have a great week spending time with your man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the drive-in...it takes me back to simpler times (yeah, I know I'm not super-old yet, but still). haha

    Hope the time you get with your husband is super-fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I have only been to the drive in one time my whole life! I need to go again.. esp since I could lay down in the back of ryans truck and watch it! so fun!
    Im soo happy hubby is on a lil break! have so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE going to the Drive In! It brings me back to when we used to go all the time when I was younger. There is one an hour or so away from out house that we've been to a few times...I think I might have to put that on the calendar for this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove drive ins!! And grilled steaks...sounds like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like ya'll are having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun!! I am typing this one handed while feeding the babe. Its hard! Was Up good? I heard it was. Have fun on vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your mini-vacay with the husband!! Hope you guys have a wonderful week together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab weekend!! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww have a GREAT time with Ty!!! Don't even worry about the bloggie world. We'll all still be here when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great week! Sometimes "staycations" are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay for all the time you and hubby are getting to spend together!! a whole week off, that's so great=)! he must feel so relieved after taking the big test=) the drive in sounded like so much fun, we haven't been to one in forever! have a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Lindsey! I've been reading your blog for a while (and I'll add that I've been reading Whitney's for a while as well, even if that may be borderline stalkerish) but I just wanted to say thanks for all the mental breaks from studying this past year (I read your blogs when I needed a study break!). Jerm and I went to see Up at the drive-in, and I thought it was cute as well. I just loved the part where the little boy has to go to the bathroom and is like, "Am I supposed to dig the hole before or after?" and then "It's after!". I just laughed so hard at that part.
    Hope you enjoy your time of with Ty. I know that I am savoring every second of this temporary domestic life as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have fun on your mini vacay! Can't wait to see what y'all have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have so much fun hanging out with your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love that photo!!!

    i did not even think about google reader because i don't use it! hah!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun! I've never been to the drive in!

    Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your time with Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you guys are really enjoying the little break! I'm SO jealous! :) I wish Grant and I had breaks like that! Hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just stumbled across your blog. I have thought about seeing UP, it looked cute. Hope you enjoyed your vacation and time off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...