|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, March 7

Sharing the News



Sharing the news of this precious baby with Ty and then with our families was so special!
I found out on November 13 that I was pregnant. I took a test early that evening and didn't think much of it. I had taken quite a few tests leading up to this month, and had my heart broken every time. The two lines appeared and I started shaking. I couldn't quite believe it was true. Ty worked that entire weekend and was coming home in about 30 minutes. It was the longest 30 minutes ever. I got my surprise ready for him and then ran back and forth from the kitchen to the bathroom to make sure I had read the test correctly.

I was able to video the entire thing with my iPhone, although the majority of it is out of focus. It was the first time to use the video camera on my phone. He walked in the door and I told him that I had baked him something and he should look in the oven. I had a hamburger bun sitting in there.

He was a little unsure of what it meant at first, but then it dawned on him. It was such a special moment! Later that evening I ran out for a couple more tests just to be sure. :)


We waited to tell our families at Christmas when I was 10 weeks. We told Ty's family first since we do Christmas Eve with them. Ty is one of four children and there are four grandchildren, so it is always a full, active house. We decided the only time we could ensure that everyone was in the same room and quiet would be before dinner. Ty said the prayer and at the end he prayed for me and this sweet baby! Everyone's reaction was priceless! There were lots of hugs and some tears of happiness!

The next day we shared the news with my family. My brother, sister, and I make my mom a photo calendar every year for Christmas. I usually upload all the pictures into the calendar and place the order. I snuck this photo into July, which is my due date month.

It took my mom a minute to figure it all out and my sister actually spotted it first. They are so excited about adding another baby to our family!

I wish I would have been able to get pictures of everyone's reactions. This is going to be a very loved little boy!

24 comments:

  1. that's so cute how you told Ty and your families :)

    hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet how you told your family!!! I love it !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!! I bet it was so fun to see everyone's reactions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not heard how you told Ty, love it!!

    And you know this little one will be loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute how you told Ty & both of your families! I cannot believe you are already 20 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love how you told all of them! So sweet & such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet how you delivered the news to everyone!

    xo,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. :)

    I love the calendar idea. And as a mom to a precious little boy, there is something so special about baby boys.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. precious! congrats! that by already sounds like he's spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun!! You totally thought on your feet with the bun in the oven thing! Love it! I bet it was so hard not to call him in that 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun ways to share the news!! Especially the calendar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So special! I got teary-eyed when reading about Ty sharing it in the prayer. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute way to share with Ty! I love that!

    And I love the other reveals as well - I know your family must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love the way you told everyone! Each way was so unique and special...very memorable for sure. And I'm impressed!! I wouldn't have been able to keep a secret as long as you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I love all the reveals! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such cute ways to share with your hubby and family! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All three are fantastic ways to announce your pregnancy - what precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just stumbled across your blog and wow! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love hearing how people spread the baby news!! Your ideas were so cute and memorable! Bun in the oven was especially fun!!

    Raegan
    www.frillylittledetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun! I love the bun in the oven- I don't think I would have come up with something so creative that fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...