|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, July 17

two weeks

Jack,
I can't believe you are two weeks old. The days just fly by so fast. We are settling into a routine of just me and you. Your dad was home with us for a week and it was so nice. We definitely miss having him around, and I know he misses you.


You are a content baby, but don't hesitate to let us know when you are hungry. I think you get that from me. :) You are such a tiny thing and we don't have much that actually fits you. We bought a few preemie outfits, but you are too long for the ones with feet. I mostly leave you in a diaper. It is much easier since you are a messy eater and are swaddled for the most part. Oh that swaddle. You love to be swaddled. We call you a little Houdini and are amazed at how you can get your hands out of those tight swaddles. Your dad and I get so excited when we can keep you in it and have gotten much better at getting it just right. The pacifier is your other favorite thing. It is very soothing for you.


So far, we think you look like your dad. We looked at his baby pictures and there was no denying you are his child. You also have his long fingers, skinny legs and feet.

DSC00188-1

You love to grab at things with your hands and we try to keep you from clawing at your face. When you eat you grab onto your ear and just pull. There is no stopping you and we are amazed at how strong you are. You are sleeping in your crib at night and waking up every 3 hours to eat. You do have some moments at night where you are wide awake. Thank goodness, we invested in a nice recliner/glider. I have taken a few naps in there at night with you in my arms. You also love to nap in your dad's arms on the couch and Nuts enjoys this time with you both too.

I am enjoying my time with you and don't want to think about how fast my leave is going to go by. I treasure the sweet, quiet moments with you in my arms. There is also something so special about watching your dad with you. We love you, sweet boy.

 DSC00149-1

DSC00165-1

DSC00179-1

DSC00181-1

DSC00185-1

All above pictures are when he was one week old.

Before Jack's first Sunday morning at church at two weeks old.
DSC00199



19 comments:

  1. Jack is adorable! Do you mind sharing what type of chair you bought? I'm currently looking for one for our newest little one's nursery. I'd love to get a great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you guys! Hes precious - looks like such a little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my look at that sweet smile! What a doll! And his legs are so long!!! He is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so cute! can't believe how quickly time flies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack, you are too cute buddy! Love those long skinny legs! And that smile - so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so precious!! I just can't believe it's already been two weeks! Ps - your backyard looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got teary reading this, cannot wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word! he is precious. AND he looks JUST LIKE YOU in the one where he is smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet little peanut!! I can't get over how tiny and perfect he is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious boy! I know I've never met either of you, but I think I agree with you that he looks a lot like Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg that smile while he's sleeping is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! He's too cute Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack is too cute! I definitely see that he favors his Daddy. I can't believe those long skinny legs! Enjoy your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is adorable!! Jack is so blessed to have such wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! He looks just like Ty! Exactly! How beautiful you all are! I didn't want to bother you by texting or phoning! You need to nap too! I love those pictures! How sweet is he? Ty must be heartbroken to be away so soon. Congratulations Lindsey and Ty! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is such a precious little peanut! That picture of him smiling is SO sweet. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY WORD! He is a TEEEENY little thing!!! He's literally half of what Ezra was when he was born. THAT is INSANE! He is a doll. I can't wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack is just adorable & his tiny little legs are edible!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...