|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, August 19

Newborn Essentials

These items have helped us survive the first month with a newborn. I registered for some, bought others and we were given a couple of the items without prior knowledge of them.
I found posts like this helpful when I was registering and hope someone will find this useful.

Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack
I love the way it looks and it is so easy to just throw items on there and not worry about them falling off. I also have a tree accessory that holds Jack's pacifiers after they have been washed.
grass

Boppy Changing Pad Liners
boppy
I was constantly washing the changing pad cover and just leaving a blanket on the changing pad. It was annoying to not have the cute cover on the changing pad. These have saved us from that cycle. It comes with three in a package and they are washable.

Aden + Anais  Muslin Swaddle Blankets
swaddle
These blankets are a great size for swaddling.


Aden + Anais Burpy Bib

burpy bib
The aden + anais burpy bibs can be used as a burp cloth now and a bib later. Jack lets a lot of milk run out of his mouth and he spits up a lot. Burp cloths are our friend. I love the muslin ones the best.

SwaddleDesigns Burp Cloth
swaddle designs

Boppy Newborn Lounger
lounger
Jack loves to sit and sleep in this thing. It cradles him and we have it constantly sitting out on our coffee table.

Medela Breast Milk Labeling Lids
lids
I have an abundant supply of milk, and I am pumping quite a bit on top of feeding Jack. These lids help me keep track of how long the milk has been in the refrigerator. My mind is not capable of keeping track of this on my own right now!

Kissy Kissy Convertible Gown
gown
Gowns are great when you are constantly changing diapers. This one is great, because it has buttons all the way down. Easy on and off--no struggling to pull it over the baby's head. It also converts to a sleeper, which is great when you need to put them in the carseat or just don't want it to be a gown. These are also really soft.

Pottery Barn Kids Gingham Hooded Towels
IMG_0653
I have the blue and the green towel and love them. They are so thick and fluffy, not flimsy like a lot of baby towels. They have also held up well after several washings.

Best Chairs Tryp Recliner
DSC00212
We bought this recliner/glider at Buy Buy Baby and it was a great purchase. I love that it swivels, glides, and reclines. I have spent several hours sleeping in this chair with a sweet boy in my arms.

 Summer Infant Color Video Monitor
monitor
This monitor has made me feel comfortable with Jack sleeping in his crib from the very beginning. I suffer from hearing him cry as soon as my head hits the pillow. The problem is he isn't really crying. It is all in my head. The monitor allows me to see him and know I'm just hearing it in my head like a crazy mom. It sounds so real! I also like that I can adjust the sound, zoom, brightness, etc on the monitor. The base is magnetic, so it is easy to take on and off in the middle of the night.

Britax B-Agile Stroller
stroller
I am really happy with this stroller. It is light weight and is extremely easy to fold up. I can do it with one hand. I'm a pretty weak person. In fact, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to carry him in his carseat as he continues to grow. I don't have any problems lifting the stroller in and out of the trunk of my car. It maneuvers well and has an extra large canopy that provides a lot of shade.



6 comments:

  1. Oh yay! So glad I got some of these at my shower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reviews! I registered for several of these items, so I am so excited to know they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved the boppy changing pad liners! They are a must especially for boys! We also love the breast milk labels and we have the same monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that countertop drying rack---wish I had that when I had my boys. Great list!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some similar LOVES! We love the Boon Countertop Drying Rack, as well as, the Summer Infant video monitor. It's especially great for toddlers who get up and walk around their room! You'll love it for that! We also love the Boppy Newborn Lounger. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack is such a doll!! So happy for you guys. He looks like such a sweet, happy boy!

    I have been away from blogging for quite a while, but so happy to get back in the swing of things now! Loved reading about your pregnancy journey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...