|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, August 16

5 on Friday

5onfriday

{one}  I read a great book a couple of weeks ago titled The Selection. It is described as a The Bachelorette meets The Hunger Games and I would completely agree. It is part of a series and the second book, The Elite, is just as good. The third book will be released this spring. Here is the official book description:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

 selection

{two} Speaking of books, I have started using Audible and love it. You can download audio books from their site for a fee. Our library has audio downloads, but I got tired of waiting for them to become available (think month long waits) and not every book is compatible for download to my phone. I like to be able to listen to the book in the car, while getting ready in the morning, and while running. I've listened to quite a few lately, which can start to add up. But, I've decided if it motivates me to run, then it's worth it and has to be cheaper than a gym!

{three}  mini boden. Anyone else love them? They have such cute boy clothes. I ordered Jack a few things for this fall. I can't wait for him to wear these green cords!
13UAUT_72112_GRN

{four} I made this poster for my best friend to hang in her classroom. She found one of those ecards on pinterest and changed it for a speech pathologist. It cracks me up.
speech poster copy


{five} I wish there was a way to magically fix blurry pictures. I feel like all the best smiles turn out this way. Why is that?!?
Untitled





5 comments:

  1. Jack is so precious! I wish there was a magic way to fix the blurries too. We have a 14 month old little girl and she is on the go so much it is hard to catch all that action ;) Our only tip is to make your shutter speed faster. Good luck! Love your blog :D

    www.plainadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me reeeally wanting to read The Selection.... SO many great books on my plate, and so little time to read them all in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE poster for your friend's room! Seriously. I love it!

    Must look into this book series. Thanks for sharing!

    And as always...Jack is cuter than ever! Love his smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read The Selection series also and loved it. Can't wait for The One to come out in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...