|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, January 16

Laundry Room Update

I hesitate to call this a laundry room makeover, because what I did was so small. I am so thankful that we have a dedicated laundry room. In our old house the washer and dryer were in the garage. I'm even more thankful to have a laundry room with a sink. Our realtor kept telling me how much I would use it and I wasn't so sure she was right, but lo and behold you throw a toddler into the mix and I use it all the time!

The room has a built in corner shelf that we hang our keys above and Ty keeps his every day items there, like his wallet, pager, phone belt clip, and ID badges. The shelf was getting a little out of hand. I found a basket wall hanger and decided that the whole space needed to be freshened. At the same time, Katie posted about her bulletin board DIY. I loved it and decided to do the same for the laundry room. Original tutorial can be found here by Two Twenty One.

When you enter from the garage the first thing you see is the wall with the bulletin board on it.


I think Ty has enough gloves to last for an eternity.


I debated a while on fabric options and colors, but where else am I going to be able to get away with hot pink? So it was the winner.


I can't get over how easy this project was. I did have to let go of the fact that my thumbtacks weren't all going to line up in a perfectly straight line and be evenly spaced, but I don't think it's that noticeable.


I printed the instagram prints at Walgreens! It was so simple with their app and they didn't print glossy! I hate glossy photos and they don't usually have a matte option for in-store pick-up. They didn't give me an option to choose from when I ordered, but they are matte.



7 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the corner shelf! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a handy little room! I want one! :) Looks great!! Did you have to trim the instagram pics from walgreens? I've had trouble with the app before cropping and stretching my instagram pics and cutting off the side of the picture to make it fit a 4x6 print.. grr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I really dislike glossy pics as well. I will have to try Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love American houses and interior design! I'm from Europe and I know you guys, on the other hand, love European decor! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Our laundry area is a WRECK. I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! My laundry room is next on my list of to-do's. I don't even know where to start! It has become the "catch all" for random things so it seems so daunting. Ha! But it needs to happen. I could make so much better use of the space. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...