|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, June 7

Paxton's Nursery

I wanted Paxton's room to be soft and peaceful, and to be able to reuse all of our nursery items from Jack's room. We kept Jack's crib, crib bumper and skirt, changing table, and glider/recliner. The big constellation print was my starting point for everything. I had trouble photographing it, but it is navy and not quite as dark as it appears in the pictures. I also made several decorating decisions based on the fact that we won't likely be in this house next year and could be in a small rental during Ty's fellowship. Overall, it turned out exactly like I had hoped!











If anyone is looking for a baby book, I'm pretty excited about this one from Lucy Darling. It's adorable and very, very simple. The girl version is even cuter with beautiful floral designs. I bought mine on Amazon, but Nordstrom and SugarBit carry them as well.

A girl from church painted this as a gift for us.

 My brother recently took up carpentry as a hobby and offered to make something for Paxton's room. I knew I wanted a small side table to sit by the rocker and he was able to make exactly what I had visioned! I love that Paxton has a special piece made by Derek.

Jack and I have been hanging out in here in the evenings before bedtime. It's such a relaxing time and I can't wait to bring Paxton home to join us! Jack is really getting into pretending and using his imagination, which is so fun. Paxton's room has been our rocket ship and he is Leo from Miles from Tomorrowland. We have had Peppa Pig and Grandpa Pig visit us to help fix the rocket when it breaks down. It's always interesting! I hope he gets over his "rocket ship" being invaded.

Dresser: Ikea
Glider/Recliner: Best Chairs Tryp from Buy Buy Baby
Curtains: Threshold Blackout from Target
Baskets: Target (star basket from HomeGoods)
Pom Blanket: Target
Changing Table Pad Cover: Aden and Anais
Sunburst Mirror: Target (no longer available)
Jumbo Elephant: Pottery Barn Kids
Crib bumper and skirt: Pottery Barn Kids (similar)
Crib sheet and blanket: Aden and Anais sheet, blanket
Constellation Print: Municipal Prints
Rug: Marshall's
Globe: Pottery Barn Kids chalkboard globe, drawn on by me (no longer available)
Big sign above dresser: Frame from Hobby Lobby, board cut by my dad, and DIY by me


3 comments:

  1. Everything turned out looking fantastic! Love that end table your brother made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery! I would say mission accomplished! Love the colors, the globe. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lindsey, it is SO gorgeous!! I absolutely love your inspiration picture, what a beautiful nursery!! That globe is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...