|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, July 22

summer cooking

I don't know about where you live, but here in Oklahoma we are experiencing record temperatures for July. I can't remember the last day we saw a temp below 100 and there seems to be no relief in sight. The last thing I want to do in the evenings is turn on my oven. We live in an older house and having the oven on drastically changes the temperature inside and my a/c can't keep up.

I will, however, grill outside occasionally. But at least this way there is relief from the heat when I go inside. I found some great summer recipes that do not require the oven and I thought I would share.


Crockpot Meals really are the best!
Cafe Rio Pork Salad


The Cafe Rio Pork Salad recipe makes a ton, but it is just as delicious reheated the next day. It's all about that salad dressing.

Tomato & Tortellini Salad


I added grilled chicken to this recipe and it was perfect. I've been grilling my chicken with a little bit of olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning. It has a good flavor and the oil makes it a little crispy.

Summer Salad--panera copy cat


This salad has become a staple in our house. There is no recipe; you just add whatever fruit you may have around, sliced almonds, and poppy seed dressing. I use grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, and sometimes add goat cheese to it as well. I use Brianna's Poppy Seed dressing.

Turkey Burgers


My mom made these for us not too long ago and they were so good that I picked up a package for our house. They come frozen in packs of two, so they are perfect for Ty and I. They are already seasoned and made into patties, which makes for a very easy weeknight meal. I found them at Wal-Mart.

Do you have any summer recipes to share? Please let me know!

10 comments:

  1. I keep checking the comments hoping to find more amazing summer recipes - these look delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmy that tomato and tortellini salad just made my mouth water! I am SO over this ridiculous weather we're having! I never thought I'd say that when there were 20 inches of snow on the ground and all I longed for was hundred degree temps.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the Tomato & Tortellini Salad last weekend, and it was sooo delicious :) I'm definitely going to have to try the Cafe Rio Salad and those turkey burgers soon. Yum!

    My favorite summer salad is the Peppery Monterey Jack Pasta Salad from Cooking Light. Can't get enough of this one!

    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/peppery-monterey-jack-pasta-salad-10000001886381/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My old house is the same way! When the oven is own, the whole place turns into a sauna. We've been doing lots of crock pot meals, pastas, and chicken salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the exact same issue with our old house. Thanks for the excellent summer dinner ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tortellini salad looks awesome! We are huge fans of the Cafe Rio pork salad! Always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE tat Cafe Rio Pork recipe! One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE that panera salad! there's an orange poppyseed dressing recipe i've been wanting to try that will be perfect with it. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same issue with my home in TX. Last night we made flank steak (marinate in 1/4 cup of each: red wine vinegar, olive oil, low sodium soy. Place in Tupperware with a lid with a cut up onion and clove of garlic. Let marinate for a few hours or a day) and Fruit and Vegetable Salad (pears, apples, strawberries, baby spinach, walnuts, Gorgonzola cheese, and Dijon dressing). We served the steak with rice and green beans.
    Also, use the extra pork with cilantro and cabbage for pork tacos! That recipe looks delicious!
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...