|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, February 15

Valentine's Day

I had a bit of a virus on my computer last week. It kept bringing up inappropriate sites and wouldn't let me close them. I use my work laptop at home, so it was quite embarrassing to call IT and let them know what was happening. They fixed it, but had to re-image my computer. I think I finally have everything installed back onto the computer.

I had the perfect Valentine's weekend. Friday night we had a date night involving Chili's. I love that place. Saturday we went out to eat at Genghis Grill with a couple from Ty's class. We had such a good time catching up with them. Genghis is a Mongolian stir fry place where you build your own bowl of food. Neither one of us had been before. It was yummy!

For the past couple of years we have had the tradition of Ty cooking me a yummy meal at home to celebrate Valentine's Day. This year he made me rack of lamb, grilled green beans and grilled potatoes. IT. WAS. DELISH. Oh my, oh so good!




I made molten lava cake for dessert.


Nuts stared at us during the whole dinner. Poor guy wanted some lamb.


Megan, one of my student workers, made Nuts a few treats.
Aren't they adorable?!?!

After dinner Ty took me to see Valentine's Day. It was good! Not a spectacular movie by any means, but very cute. I have the best valentine. Love you, Ty!
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. Those dog treats are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!! Impressive meal. And that molten cake looks really good. I LOVE those!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your hubby can COOK! Very impressive. I thought Valentine's Day was cute too, but a bit predictable. Felt like it was aspiring to be Love Actually, but didn't get there. But still entertaining.

    Glad you had such a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that rack of lamb looks delicious! And those treats are so cute! Glad you had a great Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet hubby! And those dog treats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super impressed with your husband's cooking! I can't even get mine to break out the grill ; ). And, love the dog treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Ty, what a yummy dinner!! we love rack of lamb, it's been too long=) and your dessert looked amazing too! I've been wanting to make lava cakes, did you like the recipe? they look yuuummy=)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fabulous weekend all around.

    Delish dinner and sweet times together!

    Nice work on the dinner!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awe - nuts is sooooooooooo cute! looks like y'all had a great valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like Ty is quite the chef. He went all out on his Vday dinner! :)

    Also, I love that you went to Mongolian on Saturday. That is my husband's favorite place to eat. He would go there weekly if I let him. It is delicious, but so filling! I can only do it every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dinner looks amazing. It sounds like a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your back :) I was wondering why you hadn't posted lately!

    I'm so impressed with the rack of lamb! That's like SERIOUS cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my! your hubs did all of that? i am super duper impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like your husband really loves you and loves to surprise you - that's great!

    Maybe next time for a special occassion, you guys can try a vegetarian or vegan meal. Eating meat is supporting several cruel practices, and it gives you unnecessary calories!

    Here's a link on how lambs are slaughtered: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-464879/Gordon-Ramsays-pet-lamb-slaughter-turned-viewers-vegetarians.html

    It's very cruel and terrifying for these baby animals. I know it tastes good, but we shouldn't be perpetuating cruelty just for a special occassion such as Valentine's Day, or any other day of the year.

    Check out my blog for delicious cruelty-free recipes, products and restaurants!

    -GreenGal

    ReplyDelete
  16. um wow...i bet your in a hurry to check out how lambs are slaughtered...my goodness! :(

    i'm glad you had such a great valentine's day hun!! your hubbby is so sweet! the food looks delicious!! :)

    hope you are having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HahahahahaHahahahahhaahahahha. You know what I'm laughing about. Ridic.

    Anyway, I love how Ty cooks for you! He looks like quite the chef! :) Tell him to give D a few tips.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had a nasty virus on my work computer last year. Calling the help desk was completely horrifying. I was so scared they would think I had been searching for nasty things. Ha!

    I'm glad you had a great Valentine's Day. The dinner Ty made you looks amazing. It's so fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a yummy dinner!

    Funny story about inappropriate sites... Once I was in a planning meeting at church and I was trying to look up an Avalon song (a Christian singing group). Note to self: DO NOT type avalon.com directly into the address bar in the middle of a church meeting. It's not pretty. LOL I could not unplug the computer fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those dog treats! I've been meaning to make some for my pup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...