|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, September 1

With Love, Philly

With Love,Philadelphia XOXO
As a PR/Marketing person, I must say I am uber impressed with the city of Philadelphia's tourism campaigns. I love their logo and they have a great website: visitphilly.com

We flew out to Philadelphia on Wednesday and came home late Friday night. It was a whirlwind trip, with Ty taking a seven hour test on Thursday afternoon/evening. I loved every minute of it. I must warn you that most pictures were taken with one of our iPhones. The first part of our trip I left my sd card in my computer, which was in the hotel room. Then, after retrieving it, several hours later my camera battery died. Thank goodness for those iPhones. :)

Wednesday
One of the first things we saw when we got off of the train from the airport was Philly Cupcake.
It made my day!
Philly Cupcake

View from our hotel room
PHL e1

I used my reward points to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown. Best location ever.
PHL e3

First up on our agenda was the historic district: Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, etc.

phl 1

It was cloudy our first day, but it didn't rain on us. The temps were amazing the whole time we were there.

Gorgeous window inside Independence Hall.
phl 10

phl 2

After the historic district, we wandered around the streets by our hotel. We stumbled upon so many neat buildings and sites. I highly recommend staying in the same area.
PHL e7

city hall area
PHL e6

phl 4

PHL e11

PHL downtown

PHL e10

Rachel was so kind and e-mailed her friends that live in Philly for food recs for us. They recommended a place called El Vez and it happened to be right around the corner from our hotel.
We elected to sit outside and enjoy the great weather, knowing we can't do this at home until November. haha.
PHL e4

I had chipotle chicken tacos and Ty had the mahi mahi tacos. Mine were good; his were amazing!
PHL e5 copy

I had planned to write about Thursday as well, but this got a bit lengthy. More to come...

23 comments:

  1. Oh boy. No wonder the cupcake shop made your day! No one would leave with a frown on their face from that place!

    All of your pics make me feel like I went on the trip with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake shop looks so cute!! Glad yall had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip! On my one and only visit to Philly is rained...no, it poured the entire time. We were determined to get out and see things though, so we bought these ridiculously expensive raincoats. Turned out my boyfriends was waterproof, while mine was only water resistant so I was soaked all the way through. Can't wait to go back and do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN trip and such a neat city. Have always wanted to go there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does look like a well-rounded, however, short, trip! Love the picture of you on the monopoly pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun! Love all the cool architecture of the historic buildings! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had fun! Love all the cool architecture of the historic buildings! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post about your trip to Philly! Glad you got to check out El Vez - restaurateur Stephen Starr is one of Philly's finest. And I'm glad you got to sample our cupcake craze and public art.

    You're welcome back any time!

    -Caroline (Philadelphia Tourism)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to go to Philadelphia for awhile and visit all of the historical places. It looks like a really fun city. Y'all got some great pictures (I don't know what I'd do without my iPhone either)!

    I love the "pupcakes" at the cupcake bakery - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you all had a good time. Hope Ty's test went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like such a fun trip! I love how you do the photo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We live a little over an hour from Philly and my sister went to college there - we LOVED going for the weekend and enjoying the city life! There is so much to see and do - looks like you accomplished alot during your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need your professional blogging help G!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like so much fun!! What a gorgeous city...

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun trip! we were there a few years ago with my high schoolers (for a competition) and we had a great time too :) I love all of the pics, and you look SO cute! and those tacos look really yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did you do the photo collage?

    ReplyDelete
  17. you should of called me from the cupcake place:) I should of had you get me one:) ha:) Looks like an amazing trip! I just told ryan I want to go there:) so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! So funny, Emily N. recommended your blog to me just minutes ago in an email and there she is the comment before mine! Your blog is so fun! Looking forward to reading more. Philly looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea that they had such great branding! I want to visit! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are some awewsome iPhone photos. Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like it was a great trip! And those cupcake shops....we really need more of those around OK. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...