|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, September 30

Thursday Thoughts

  • My work has been doing a month long fundraiser for the United Way. Yesterday was a mini garage sale and I purchased this little beauty.


  • This is a picture of my work wardrobe hanging in the hotel during my Utah trip.

I think I may need to spice things up. haha!





Sarah-s-Key-9780312370848
I have been interested in the Holocaust since reading The Diary of Anne Frank as a young girl. I had the opportunity to visit the Holocaust museum in DC a couple of years ago and it was so interesting and heartbreaking. When I learned this was an option for the book club, I knew I had to read it.

De Rosnay's U.S. debut fictionalizes the 1942 Paris roundups and deportations, in which thousands of Jewish families were arrested, held at the Vélodrome d'Hiver outside the city, then transported to Auschwitz. Forty-five-year-old Julia Jarmond, American by birth, moved to Paris when she was 20 and is married to the arrogant, unfaithful Bertrand Tézac, with whom she has an 11-year-old daughter. Julia writes for an American magazine and her editor assigns her to cover the 60th anniversary of the Vél' d'Hiv' roundups. Julia soon learns that the apartment she and Bertrand plan to move into was acquired by Bertrand's family when its Jewish occupants were dispossessed and deported 60 years before. She resolves to find out what happened to the former occupants: Wladyslaw and Rywka Starzynski, parents of 10-year-old Sarah and four-year-old Michel. The more Julia discovers—especially about Sarah, the only member of the Starzynski family to survive—the more she uncovers about Bertrand's family, about France and, finally, herself.







  • Remember my post about these gorgeous books?
books-penguin-classics
My copy of Little Women came in the mail yesterday from Amazon. It is really nice looking and I love it! (I ordered it months ago, but it wasn't available until the end of September.) I'm hoping to add more to my collection.

7 comments:

  1. That button is fab! I love it, you did a great job.

    I'm going to add Sarah's Key to my book list right now. It sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for supporting United Way ;)
    I am in love with those vintage books. I have one but it is not as cool looking as your Little Women book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mason jar mugs, I have a set of Ball and Kerr mason jar mugs that I collected from yard sales over time. My hubby and some of my friends always give me a hard time about them but I refuse to get rid of them. They sit right next to our monogrammed tervis tumblers, yep that's how I roll. : )

    Super cute button and those books are beautiful! Are they more expensive than the regular book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I read Sarah's Key this summer.. It was sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love your selection of clothing at the hotel. I'm very similar. I think neutral tones are always great when you're traveling so you can mix and match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get better at reading. I'm awful! LOVE those books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im dying for those gorg books for my coffee table..every time I am in anthro I just want to scoop them up up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...