|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, October 1

My September Secret

I bet you all didn't know I had been keeping a secret from you. Well, I have. My sweet husband has been on an away rotation all month. He spent 18 days in Chicago and 10 days in Detroit on a general surgery rotation. In order to make yourself a better candidate for residency programs, medical students have audition months. Basically, it is like a month long interview with a program. Talk about stressful!

In Chicago, Ty did seven 24 hour shifts within those 18 days. Oh and those 24 hour shifts are a lie--they are really like 32 hour shifts. Just a glimpse into what the first two years of residency will look like for us! Oh boy.

I am flying to meet him in Detroit as this is posting and we will make the road trip back to Oklahoma. I'm not a huge fan of road trips, but let me tell you I have never been more excited in my life. I have missed that man!

IMG_4851


The month seems like it has gone fast and extremely slow all at the same time. September is always my busiest month at work, so that helped keep my mind off of being lonely. I have seen my family more in this month than any in this past year. It was so nice to be able to cuddle with my sweet nephew.


Of course, several things have gone wrong this month, but I learned that I have the greatest friends ever. Our garage door got stuck half way on Labor Day weekend and I physically could not get it to shut. So many people volunteered to come help me get it shut for the night. My dad even looked the manual up online to try to help me fix it.


Then, this past week I got an awful stomach bug. Being sick by yourself is awful. Thankfully, I have friends who texted, tweeted and called to make sure I was okay and to see if I needed anything. I have the sweetest friends!
Megan dropped this off on my doorstep. I was in desperate need of fluids!


I know Ty has been pretty lonely too! I don't think I could handle all the pressure of learning a new hospital environment, try to impress people and be all by myself.

Thankfully, it was just a month! I'm not sure how others handle things like deployment or other situations. I have a deeper respect for these families. I can't wait to start cooking again! It seems like I went on a month long hiatus and I have a lot of new recipes to try out. Yay!

Have a good weekend! I know, I will!

23 comments:

  1. It never ever fails: as soon as they leave, all hell breaks loose! I am so glad you have friends taking care of you, feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, you're flying to my home state! I'm jealous! Was he doing his "audition" at University of Michigan? BEST hospital in that area, in my opinion- they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, so glad he's coming home! i hate it when my husband leaves for work, it's the worst. hope you have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to be in the D awesome! Go to Astoria Bakery in Greektown you won't regret it! and if you want great food try the Woodbridge Pub. Greektown is downtown and Woodbridge is esstentially Midtown so if he's at the DMC it's right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I know you can’t wait to see your man!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've been sick! Hope you have a fantastic time with your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for the month being over though :) And have fun on your trip! Hope you feel better asap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan totally hooked you up! What a good friend! Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad he's coming home! And you are truly blessed to have such amazing friends and family around when you need them. Have fun on your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you'll be reunited soon! I bet you miss him like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so excited for you! "Long distance" is never fun - So happy that you and Ty will be back under one roof!

    ReplyDelete
  12. zoftozerg9981
    zoftozerg9982

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're on your way to finally seeing Ty again! I can't imagine my husband being away for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had to spend 10 weeks apart last summer and it was the worst. I think it's a sign of a strong marriage, so you two are blessed! And I agree - it gives us such a deeper respect and admiration for those who do this for extended periods of time to protect our freedom (or other reasons).

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a cute blog!! And I didn't realize you were from Oklahoma...I'm a Sooner myself. :)

    Have a great reunion w/the hubs!

    Whitney

    a toast.
    www.whittheheck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) Hope you are feeling better!

    I know you are so excited to have Ty back! Hope yall have a good trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!! I am so glad he's home! I am so sorry all of that happened, but I hope you're feeling better and I'm so glad you have such wonderful friends that have your back! :) I hope you guys had the best weekend! (ok, I realize that sounded goofy, but I meant it! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are feeling better! I know you have to be beyond thrilled to have Ty back. Hope y'all have a great road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo for getting some much needed time with your hubby!

    I hope you're feeling back to 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My brother is a doctor. He and his wife and two - now three children - just finished a 6 year residency. I feel for any doctor's wife. You guys are just as amazing as the doctor! I don't think I could do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I know you will be so glad to have hubby back. Hope you feel better! What a sweet surprise from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad you're feeling better! And I am in complete agreement bc it is horrible to not have someone to take care of you and cuddle with. And if that is him in the pic, he is a cutie!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...