|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, October 20

I have to have the tv on while I'm working on blog designs. I have watched every season of Bones that is available instantly via the Wii from Netflix. I have now moved on to Friday Night Lights.
header_Friday-Night-Lights
I started season two on Sunday and I'm slightly obsessed with it.

I have been thinking about adding bangs for a while and Miss Lyla Garrity (Minka Kelly) has further influenced that decision. I love her hair. Now, if only mine was thicker and longer.
Minka-Kelly

minka-kelly-picture-1
I have faux side swept bangs. I have a cowlick and when I have short bangs they always split. I hate that. So my current faux bangs are long enough to tuck behind my ears. I want to give shorter bangs a try again. I'm sure I will regret it, but maybe, just maybe it will work this time. :)

I also want to find a great red lipstick like in the above picture. I've been looking, but I've yet to find it. Anyone know of a great shade for the palest of pale girls?

Monday night I took my BBBS Little to dinner at Cosi. We had the smores for dessert. She loved having the mini fire on our table.


We had house guests last night. Ty's sister and her family are on Fall Break and our house was halfway in between their house and their vacation destination, so they spent the night last night. A good way to avoid driving all day and wasting a vacation day. We love these two little munchkins so much and we always have fun!



Lucas took several pictures of me and Nuts. I'm sure Amy will have a good time deleting all of those. haha. I had a recruitment event yesterday evening and they were at the house when I got home. Lucas greeted me in his undies. Apparently, he doesn't like pants. :)

I wish I still got a Fall Break--those were the days.

21 comments:

  1. I hear you about bangs. I always want to get them but fear a bad repeat of eighth grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Minka's hair! I just got my faux bangs cut a little shorter and I love them! Go for it...its just hair it will grown back out (that is what my mom use to say to me all the time)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics, how did you get the nostalgic look to them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking Friday Night Lights will be next on my Netflix!! Have never watched!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Friday Night Lights! I am all caught up and am sad that I don't have any new episodes to watch. We never got a fall break, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a long term FNL fan, I'm happy you've jumped on the bandwagon! Isn't it the best?

    You'd look great with side bangs! Definitiely better than Lyla...I can't stand her! she does have pretty hair though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how adorable! and I love Cosi!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started season 2 of Friday Night Lights on Netflix too! SO OBSESSED :)
    oh and I totally agree w/ you on the bangs, I always want them and then hate them when I've got them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you would look great with the bangs! Your hair looks thick to me and I think you could totally rock them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are still way behind on Bones, and Friday Night Lights is such an addicting show! It did take us a few episodes to get into :) You would look great with those bangs, and you have beautiful hair! You know I have the same problem, the cowlick, but your bangs always look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the bangs!! And the pictures! What did you use to do that to the pictures? Oh and love tys piggy bank! So cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your hair! It always looks so good!! And I am SO glad that you like FNL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love friday night lights!! such a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bangs are tricky! And the worst part is once you cut them, you're pretty much stuck with them for the next 3 months of so. But they ARE in style and soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bangs stress me out like nothing else! I love side swept bangs but, there's only one length that works for me, and I never get it right. They get cut too short and then I have to wait for them to grow out, and then they're too long, UGH.

    And, if find that perfect red lipstick, let me know! I have tried at least five shades and nothing looks good on me. Sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE Friday Night Lights...I say GO FOR IT with the bangs. They'll grow out if you don't like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Bones too, I've recently become obsessed with House and the Closer. Once you finish FNL you should check out some of those! I've tried many a red lipstick with no luck also... the one's I tend to lean more toward are more purple based. They say that's better for fair skinned gals! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FNL is the best show ever. just love that slice of american life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've thought about bangs too but I've had the same worries. I think bangs would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...