|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, February 11

lindsey knits

I have taken up a new hobby--knitting. There is a lady I work with (she's in another dept.) who is super crafty and is always showing me her newest projects. She came in my office a couple of months ago wearing the cutest neckwarmer/scarf. She volunteered to teach me how to knit it.
herringbone neckwarmer

I kind of blew it off, because I had tried embroidery a year or so ago and had given up. I realize embroidery and knitting aren't exactly the same, but they both involve needles of some sort. (I need to have my SIL teach me embroidery.)


Emily taught me to knit right before the big snow storm last week, but I messed it up as soon as I got home and couldn't fix it. What a bummer. I had four days off due to the weather and it would have been the perfect time to work on it. I brought my messed up project to her and she fixed it. I started over and messed up again. I had heard about an Oops Clinic at a local yarn store, Loops. It just so happened to be last night. I didn't want to keep taking my project to her everytime I messed up, so I went.


I sat at a table with a worker in his 50s and he fixed what I had messed up and sat with me to make sure I had the hang of things. This store has some of the best customer service I have ever seen. The Oops Clinic was completely free!


Their store is just darling!
28



They have the cutest playroom for little ones.


Hard to photograph the paint color with my phone, but it actually looks like the lighter shade on the cabinet doors. It matches the chairs that were stacked up in an earlier picture--a beautiful pale turquoise.

What a fantastic playroom color!

My nightstand

I'm such an old lady. :)

If anyone is interested here is the (free) pattern.

16 comments:

  1. OMG. I love this idea! I wish I knew someone that could teach me! I can't wait to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to knit, but I have tried and we do not click...Can'r wait to see you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a neat store!! Where is it?? I love that a man helped you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!
    I used to knit scarves - but that's as far as I got!
    I would love to give it a try again sometime!
    And I LOVE that store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat store! And what a great idea to help out new knitters! Looks like you've got the hang of it now - you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! A friend and I tried to teach ourselves to knit once but didn't get very far. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    I just got some lamps very similar to that for my bedside table! And is that The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? Loved it!

    xo,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I wish I didn't have such horrible ADD, the one time I tried to sit down and take up knitting I was distracted in like 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you from Marie at Just a Thought. I love your neck warmer. I've never knitted with that large a yarn, but I'm going to try now. It looks simple and beautiful.

    www.meldreamsoften.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a knitting addict! I am working on the same cowl now...along with many other projects :) It is a really fun hobby, glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That store is adorable!
    Learning to knit is on my (long) list of things to do- it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to learn to crochet and am having the hardest time teaching myself! Knitting looks like fun though! I love how thick the yarn is. The stuff I'm using is so thin that it keeps getting tangled :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. You picked some pretty yarn!

    I'm excited to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute store! That yarn you have looks so cozy. I have tried to teach myself how to knit so many times, I just cannot get the hang of it, it's hard to learn! Now embroidery, that I can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that neck warmer. So cute, and definitely something that would make a cute gift for girlfriends. I also like your lamp on your nightstand. I can't see it all, but the base and stem look really cool. I'm looking for some for our room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love knitting! It's a nice excuse to sit down and catch up on shows and knit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I somehow missed this post!!! I've never tried, but it sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...