|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, February 6

snowpocalypse

This has definitely been one for the record books. We received 14 inches of snow and then several days later a few more inches. The weathermen are predicting more this coming week. I only worked one day last week--Monday. That is crazy! Ty has gone in a few times for his ER shifts. The roads are terrible, but his car has done really well on them. I have left the house (Ty has driven me) a couple of times for fast food and for a Target run. Thank goodness, my husband recognized the importance of getting me out of the house for my sanity and chose one of my favorite places. :)
I've taken a lot of pictures to document these past several days, most involve Nuts. In fact, this is going to be way too many pictures. oops.



I went through old magazines & tore out inspiration photos.


We decided to get out of the house to walk the roads with Nuts.
IMG_6035-1

We chose to squeeze in between the bushes and the house and avoid the biggest snow drifts.
IMG_6044

You can see the snow in our yard went above my knees.
IMG_6037

IMG_6039

He much prefers this to the snow.
IMG_6046-1

IMG_6077

Temperatures finally rose to above freezing on Saturday! Ty was able to shovel our sidewalk.
IMG_6073

I did a lot of cooking and baking. I'm going to have to put myself on a diet after this.
IMG_6058_1

I have enjoyed being snowed in and I'm not really looking forward to returning to work tomorrow.

19 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some fun snow days! I actually miss my MN snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! and i thought we received a lot of snow!! andd...those cupcakes! YUM!!!!! those look perfect! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a small amount of snow and a layer of ice here in Central TX on Friday. Our two dachsunds were scared of it. I had no idea how far between their legs their tails could go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow is so pretty! Glad you were able to get out of the house a little bit - a Target run is always good to boost the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing that would have made this snowpocolypse perfect is if you had been down the road and I could have gotten my mits on some of those cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got about 14 in around Christmas and it was NUTS! If you live somewhere that isn't prepared for heavy snowfall, it'll certainly slow ya down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look too pretty to eat! Nuts is so cute laying by his toy, and a heater? Haha, so cute! I canNOT nelieve the amount of snow, I'm not looking forward to the predicted 4-10 more inches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thats lots of snow. And those cupcakes look way yummy :) Is it a recipe? The icing looks delish! Im a cupcake addict!
    http://forpinkssake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely sad to go back to work after fun snow days. Boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that snow is insane!!! It must be a nightmare when it melts, as well, no?

    PS - did you so our San Antonio snow pics? I'm embarrassed that I posted those after seeing this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. We didn't get as much snow as y'all did, but, we got a few snows days and boy, it was hard to come to work today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a good thing that you like being snowed in because from what I hear, it's going to be that way again this week! Poor Nuts, he's so small he could get lost in that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys all look so cute wading through the snow! We got a good amount in Dallas but not that much, and it quickly melted this weekend. :-( I kind of liked being snowed in too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snowed in at your house looks a lot more fun than mine - target and cupcakes ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys got so much snow!!

    Nuts has the right idea.. I would be curled up in front of that little heater right beside him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those cupcakes are adorable! Baking is definitely a great way to pass the time during the Longest Winter Ever. I am so ready for this snow to get its show on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  17. y'alls snow is so pretty! it looks so much more even than ours was. I love that first picture of nuts and those cupcakes look FABULOUS. I already have me a box of mix and some rainbow chip icing for the storm they are calling tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!!! Can't believe all that snow!!!!! Makes me cold just looking at it, haha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow that is A LOT of snow!!! I adore your doxie...looks like my Zuker :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...