|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, August 5

book club

I'm sure that some of you have heard about Book Beginnings and Bookends, a new online book club. Rachel and Erin have dreamed up this great idea. I have actually never been a part of a book club. The book looked intriguing and I had been on the hunt for something good, but since reading The Help I haven't been able to find anything that tickled my fancy.

The book they have selected is:
The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes
ceeceewilliams


Or if you are like me and checked the book out at the local library
your cover probably looks like this:
0778322750

Twenty-eight years ago a North Carolina governor's young, pregnant wife was kidnapped. Now her remains have been found and a man charged with her murder. Only one person -- CeeCee Wilkes -- can refute the charges against him. But CeeCee disappeared years ago . . .

Eve Elliott is a successful therapist to troubled students, a loving wife, a mother deeply invested in her family. But her happiness is built on a lie. When she was a lonely, vulnerable young woman, a single decision made in innocence led to a dark night of unimaginable consequences. Now, forced to confront her past, she faces another terrible choice: reveal to her family that she is not who she seems, or allow a man to take the blame for a crime she knows he did not commit. If the choice affected only her life, Eve is certain she would do what is right. But though inaction means condemning an innocent man, it also means protecting her family from the mistakes of her past.

Corinne Elliott has always known she was different: the only redhead in a family of brunettes, the paralyzing shyness that contrasts with her sister's vivaciousness, the many fears -- of highways, of bridges, of public spaces -- that constrict her daily life. Still, with a new job possibility and a baby on the way, she's found some measure of happiness -- until the day she turns on the television and finds her mother's image on-screen.

Now, as the past explodes into the present, Corinne must confront the secrets she has always intuited, and find answers from the one person who knows the truth of what happened two decades ago -- CeeCee Wilkes.


I wanted you all to know about the book club before it actually started so you could join. If you aren't into book clubs, I would still recommend this book. I'm about half way through it and I can't put it down. I would love to take the afternoon off and curl up with my couch potato of a dog and read, read, read.

19 comments:

  1. SO funny, I got my copy from the library too and was confused at the cover - kinda ugly if you ask me!

    Haven't started yet but the more people who I see that have the more excited I get for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds good and will look it up at the library. Must remember now where I saw this so can join in on the book club thing once I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really good! I haven't done a book club either, but I'm excited to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so good! I am making it next on my list. The book club sounds like a fun idea. I've never been a part of one either, but it could be a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet of you for posting this!

    i have said for a few months now that NOTHING compares to The Help and it has been so hard to be impressed by a book because The Help was so good!

    i think we're just going to assign 8 chapters on August 9 and then come back to "discuss" but i'm having a hard time not reading further into the book! it's SO good, isn't it?!

    so glad you're going to do the book club with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet of you for posting this!

    i have said for a few months now that NOTHING compares to The Help and it has been so hard to be impressed by a book because The Help was so good!

    i think we're just going to assign 8 chapters on August 9 and then come back to "discuss" but i'm having a hard time not reading further into the book! it's SO good, isn't it?!

    so glad you're going to do the book club with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet of you for posting this!

    i have said for a few months now that NOTHING compares to The Help and it has been so hard to be impressed by a book because The Help was so good!

    i think we're just going to assign 8 chapters on August 9 and then come back to "discuss" but i'm having a hard time not reading further into the book! it's SO good, isn't it?!

    so glad you're going to do the book club with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I'm really not a reader, but that sounds so good! Maybe I'll jump in since there's nothing good on TV. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone let me borrow that book last summer. It's not like books I would normally read, but I have to say it is definitely in my list of top favorites! You will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this Lindsey :) I can't wait for the fun to begin! We'll post next week with a reading schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I just read this book this summer- AMAZING!! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just called my library to have them hold it for me :)
    I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow and I was really in need of a good book! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! I have my copy reserved at the library just waiting for a chance to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just discovered the book club earlier today and signed up! Can't wait to get mine from the library this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in! I haven't started yet, but am excited to! I'm so glad that you shared the description, I didn't know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay! thanks for posting about this, i'm totally joining and picking up the book today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love love love to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...