|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, August 16

happenings & target happiness

Ty and I went to a dinner Friday night to welcome the first year medical students to our school. It was held at an air and space museum. A much more exciting venue than our school.
IMG_5092

IMG_5093

I worked at a special ceremony for our new students on Saturday morning and that evening Ty & I picked up my Little, H, for a WNBA game. Our church had free tickets and I thought it would be fun to take H. Lucky for us, she was ready to leave at half-time. We enjoyed the first half of the game, but Ty and I aren't huge women's basketball fans.
IMG_5094

The best part of the evening was stopping for gelato. Yum, yum!
IMG_5108
There is a new gelato and crepes eatery that opened downtown.
I can't wait to go back for crepes.

My favorite downtown building. I love that turquoise top!
IMG_5102a

My weekends are never complete without a trip to Target. I am always on the hunt for the perfect layering tank. I discovered this one a couple of months ago.
41qcBsk-hqL._AA260_
It has a good amount of coverage for up top. Plus, it is super soft. I introduced my sister to it several weeks ago and I just happened to be on the phone with her yesterday while I was at Target. She requested that I pick her up one in brown. I bought myself another white one. I can never have too many white tanks. It is $8 online, but $9 in store, so don't let that confuse you.
You will want to buy one in every color!

I had a couple of gerber daisies left over from my event Saturday morning and stuck them in my bud vases. They make me so happy.
bud vases

While I was at Target I noticed they still had these for sell. They are perfect for a single stem.
6a00e553a4097c883401156fef738d970c-500wi

I couldn't find a picture of these on Target.com, but did a google search and found pictures here. She filled them with my favorite flower, a peony. I wanted you all to see a better picture than the one I snapped this morning with my iPhone.

6a00e553a4097c8834011570e44e5b970b-500wi

18 comments:

  1. Love the orange Gerber daisies! They were in my wedding flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo fun!!! And I love those daisies!!! Beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers! I too love those tank tops! I am stocking up next time they go on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love the flowers in the bud vases! and on the window sill! so pretty! that building is really neat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those vases are perfect! i'll have to search them out at target. i just love target as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got about 5 sets of those vases from Target and love them - I use them in every room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gelato and crepes - genius combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I need gelato RIGHT NOW. Too bad there is nowhere in a 20 mile radius that sells it. Or is open at 11 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those vases are too cute. And wouldn't you know, we are heading to Target today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those vases! I found some like that at Ikea a few weeks ago and did the single flower thing. (Fake flowers, obviously...oh how I wish I was one of those women who had enough gusto to keep up wiht live flowers).

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fresh flowers make me happy, too. :) And daisies to boot - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy awesomeness batman! I have been looking for a place to get gelato in our fine city! Care to share the name?

    You can email me if you don't want to reveal too much on here...lynnscup@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just noticed a gelato place a couple of miles from my house. I haven't tried it yet, but I also didn't know it had less calories than ice cream. Woohoo!

    I saw those exact vases at Target last weekend. I allllmost picked them up, but resisted. I love your flowers though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have every color of those tanks! They fit SO good when I was pregnant! of course a much larger size..but still long.

    My friend, Kristen, had those little vases filled all over my house when we got home from Dallas.

    LOVE TARGET

    ReplyDelete
  15. ps - maybe we could get part time jobs there for discounts? We would just have to tell them we can only work the same shifts, together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...