|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, August 20

centerpiece inspiration

This weekend we are having a mini baby shower for my SIL, Sarah. It is their second boy, and the boys are less than 2 years apart. So, they don't really need anything for baby #2, but we wanted to do something special for them. We (Ty's mom, sisters, and I) are having a mini baby shower (family only) this weekend.


Ty and I were beyond excited to find out that Sarah had baby Wade yesterday morning. We were hoping this would happen, so we could meet him this weekend, and it did! I believe he was a week or so early--her due date kept changing.


I am in charge of the centerpiece for the shower. I headed to a grocery store in my area that always carries the biggest, prettiest hydrangeas. Of course, the one time I actually go in needing them, they are sold out. The selection was pretty limited, which was surprising for this store.
Then I spotted baby's breath.

I know what you all are thinking--baby's breath??? The filler flower??? The ugly filler flower??

Allow these pictures to change your mind about baby's breath.

This is what I had in mind when I bought the baby's breath. I had spotted this picture on The Sweetest Occasion and filed it away.
breath7

breath4
{via}

breath6
{via with a tutorial}

breath5
{via}

breath3
{source unknown}

breath2
{source unknown}

I will share my centerpiece with you all next week.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, I never would have thought baby's breath would make such beautiful arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and simple! I am excited to see how it ends up looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love baby's breath! i buy it solo and put it around my place.

    cannot wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I love all those pictures. I can't wait to see your centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used baby's breath to fill my vases around the house...I think they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful, simple, and inexpensive way to make flower decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought the same thing if baby's breath until I came across some photos similar to what you posted back in the wedding planning days. Can't wait to see what your centerpiece looks like! I think it's so pretty in big bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say go for it! I think the Baby's Breath looks great! Also, I saw one picture where at a wedding they did fruit slice in the vase to add color with all Baby's Breath on the top for the arrangement. To be honest, I'm even thinking of doing this for my wedding since we're on a tight budget. Is that tacky though? Hmmm... let me know. If you want a pic of the fruit/baby's breath email me at lovelipstickandpearls@ymail.com and I'll send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, now I'm a baby's breath convert! Can't wait to see what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you used my site! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love babys breath! I can't wait to see how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So random that you posted this b/c my bff and I (who happens to be a wedding photographer) were just discussing how this is becoming a wedding trend.

    http://jennhopkinsphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the wreaths and garland definitely impressed me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...