|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, November 1

costumes, costumes, costumes

I love being able to dress up for Halloween at work. We have an elementary school nearby that brings kids over to trick or treat in our building. It's so fun to see them all dressed up!
I borrowed this costume from my brother.

It was a big hit and it is so much fun to wear!

I dressed Nuts up, but it turns out his costume was way too small. Poor guy. I had to cut him out of the shirt. I got it on him, but I couldn't get it off. Dachshunds bodies are shaped so different from other dogs. I still snapped a picture.
IMG_5599

IMG_5606

He was a dach (doc) just like Ty. hahahaha.
Ty had no input into this costume and was not as amused as I was. :)

Sunday night I went to Chesley's to pass out candy to her trick-or-treaters.
halloween ches

One little girl asked her Dad what we were supposed to be. He told her we were a heart and if we were too far from each other our heart would break. Awwwww. This is very true and is why Chesley has to move with us if we move for Ty's residency. (Seriously.)

Mojito Maven hosted a Halloween contest to find the tackiest lawn decor. I submitted this:
halloween 1

It may not be the craziest thing submitted, but it has to be one of the creepiest! This house sits on a corner lot in my neighborhood. The creepy gargoyle's head moves, so when you turn the corner it looks like it is watching you. You can see in the picture below the head is facing a different direction than in the picture above.

halloween
Aren't yard inflatables supposed to be cute and corny?

I hope you all had a great Halloween weekend!

29 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! All of the costumes are adorable. I think Nuts' outfit is so clever and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You had to cut him out of his suit?! Oh, lord. Poor pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Chelsey are too cute! I remember those necklaces from back in the day! And I'd be surprised if you don't win Mojito Maven's contest! That thing is super creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I LOVE the first picture! That costume is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your costumes are adorable! I can't wait to see the entries in MM's contest - there are some funny inflatables out there. I've never seen the spooky dog creature you posted - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your costume! That is too cute! Poor Nuts - it's hard to get clothes on dogs sometimes, I've almost gotten things stuck on Oscar, too. He did look adorable in his costume, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute costumes! And Nuts looks great too. That is one creepy lawn decor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BAHHA! SO cute in your cowboy costume! very funny! And I love Nuts. Wait.. That sounds really bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your costumes! Cute! I can see why the first one was a hit with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I run into the SAME problem with my mini dox! But Nuts still looks adorable!! And I LOVE the Best Friends Heart...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i love nuts costume! Love the play on words! and both of yours were super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two looked so cute! Okay, I need a dry shampoo lesson AND I have a picture to show you of your costume on someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome costumes! I couldn't get our dog to sit still long enough to put a costume on him, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute costume! That's too funny about Nuts costume. Sad day! Did you and Chelsey make your "Best Friends" heart? Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guess what?! You won the CSN stores giveaway! Email me at NewlywedsNextDoor@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well written. I affection to interpret about style and fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the horse outfit! But the heart one is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, that's what Rookie was last year! Too, too funny! And I LOVE the Best friends costume! What a great idea. Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That thing is scary! I love both your costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with most of your points, but some need to be discussed further, I will hold a small talk with my buddies and perhaps I will ask you some suggestion later.

    - Rob

    ReplyDelete
  21. could your first outfit be any cuter?? And nuts outfit is so presh!!! I miss you:) Lunch again soon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cute costumes! Love Nuts costume especially! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. costumes are adorable! and the fact that a little girl didn't know that it was a reference to the best friends necklaces of my childhood, makes me feel old!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the costumes, especially the BFF costume. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...