|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, November 17

Slime!

I'm always trying to come up with fun things to do with H, my BBBS little sister. Last week we made slime. It was so much fun! If you have kids or nieces and nephews I would definitely recommend this as a fun, easy activity.
IMG_5642-1

I found the recipe on Our Best Bites--they have a great section on kid friendly recipes and fun kitchen activities. They also have a cook book coming out in February and it looks great!

IMG_5644-1

Visit their site to see step by step instructional pictures and to find out what Borax looks like. (I had no idea.)

Homemade Slime aka GAK

1 teaspoon borax powder
1 1/2 C water, divided
4 oz (1/2 C) Elmer's glue, clear or white
food coloring

Add borax powder to 1 cup of water and stir to dissolve. Set aside. Pour glue into a medium mixing bowl and add 1/2 C water. Add a few drops of food coloring until desired color is reached and then stir to mix glue solution until smooth. Pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture and watch the solids start to form. Stir for a few moments and then use your hands to gather the mass. The mixture will be very soft and wet. Keep kneading until it firms up and feels dry. Discard excess liquid in bowl. The more you knead and play with the slime the firmer it will become. Store in a ziplock bag or air tight container and the slime will keep indefinitely.

I bought neon food coloring and it made such fun colors!
IMG_5647-1

Last night H and I saw MegaMind. It is a very cute and funny movie!

14 comments:

  1. You two always look like you're having a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun activity! My cousins are coming to stay with me in the winter and I think they will just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun!! You are a great big sister! I will have to remember this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be such a GREAT mom one day..but in the mean time you are a fabulous aunt and babysitter ;0

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! But how come there's not a picture of Nutts getting slimed?? I'm sure he would have LOVED that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to remember this one when the boys get a little older! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like fun! She's lucky to have a big sis like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun and creative. This goes way beyond making homemade playdough :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to be an awesome mom. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are going to be an awesome mom. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you have a "little sister"--I think it's so great that you do that.

    And ummm, please tell me you were obsessed with Gak when you were younger? Hahaha. It.was.AWESOME.

    I'm totally making this over Thanksgiving for my nephew. My brother in law is going to hate me. HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do such fun things with her, she is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...