|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, June 22

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A

oklahoma

My company hosted a staff appreciation night at Discoveryland, an outdoor theater that performs the play, Oklahoma!. Ty and I had both seen Oklahoma! as kids, but had never been to Discoveryland. We were given tickets for a ranch hand dinner, snow cones, ice cream, popcorn, and pop.

photo

There were a lot of activities before the show and Ty attempted cow roping.
IMG_6496


IMG_6497

The pre-show was a western revue with a special performance by Native American dancers.
IMG_6498

I had forgotten how cute Oklahoma! was and we really enjoyed the show. Ty has been singing The Farmer and the Cow Man Should be Friends non-stop and I'm trying to work the phrase, "Oh foot!" into my vocabulary.

8 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you two in the Indian cutout! I have a pic of me and my brother in that! Brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of friends that are performing in that show! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a special fondness for Oklahoma (the state and the musical). The musical is a fun one for sure (lots of great songs). Also, I went to college at the University of Tulsa, and my brother is currently a senior at OSU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that show. Now the songs will be in my head all day.

    But what a great theatre to have activities and dinner before the show. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a blast! It's always nice to get free food too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were so close to my brother & Hollie's house way out there. We love going there, it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oklahoma is definitely one of my favorite musicals! What a fun night :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...