|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, June 24

Pinnable Me Friday: dessert!

Pinterest has become my go to place for inspiration. There are so many pretty and inspiring things to look at on there. I have been on a s'mores kick lately and when I saw these cookie bars on pinterest I couldn't resist making them.





Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
* 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
* 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

Directions:

1. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with Pam and preheat oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Next, beat in the egg and the vanilla.

3. In a small bowl, combine flour, crushed graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add this to the butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.

4. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place the Hershey's bar over the dough in a single layer. Spread the marshmallow creme over the chocolate. I would recommend spraying the measuring cup and spoon with Pam to prevent sticking. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the creme. This can be tricky and is best done in small pieces, like shingles.

5. Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned. It is important to let the bars cool completely before cutting.

6. The bars are delicious microwaved for a few seconds before eating. Or at room temperature. You can't really go wrong. :)

The original recipe came from Lovin' From the Oven.

I bought a couple of these cute treat boxes at Target and took the s'mores to my in-laws' house last weekend.
IMG_6499

IMG_6501

pinnable me was started by paw prints & pastry bags.

15 comments:

  1. Yum! I didn't realize pinterest had recipes. Maybe I should join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm! i totally want to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! those look like heaven in a bar :) I might be trying them out this weekend. xo

    http://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tried those last weekend, and they looked sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well HI! I found your blog on Whitney's blog and so far, I love it! These cookies look absolutely delish. I just started using Pinterest a few weeks ago and yes. It's amazing. I'll be frequenting your blog from now on! :)

    http://acolourfulmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must try! These look amazing! Love your packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hips thank you. Will be making this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look amazing! I can't wait to try this recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh holy yum. I did NOT need to see this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look incredible. I love your presentation! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so good! I love the little treat boxes...perfect to share sweet treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look delicious!!! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum! How decadent I will make these for sure!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I have a New, very fashionable Giveaway on my site! Come and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New to your blog and I LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing the recipe~I made them last night and they are WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...