|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, October 20

wedding gifts: a personal touch

Two of my dear friends are getting or already got married this month. One was last weekend and the other is this coming weekend. I bought them each gifts off of their registries, but decided to get a little creative with part of their presents.

When Ty and I first got married I had no clue what I was going to make for dinner every night. I would spend hours surfing through allrecipes.com. I eventually built up a binder of tried and true recipes mostly found on websites. Now, I have my favorite recipe blogs to supply me with new, scrumptious recipes. I got married right after college graduation, so cooking every night was new to me. (I lived in a sorority house for two years with a cook and only one semester on my own in an apt.)

I thought I would pass something similar onto my friends, Joy and Kelsey. I took a white binder and made inserts for the cover, sides, and back with their new monograms. I printed all my favorite recipes and put them in sleeves to protect them while cooking. I also wrote a few notes on some of the recipes and included a letter to each friend at the front of the binder. I hope this is something that they can get good use out of and add new recipes to it as well.







I forgot to take a picture of Kelsey's before I gave it to her, but this is what her front cover looked like:
kelsey-binder

I have already had one friend tell me that she wants one of these for her wedding. ha. I hope that these binders help them create lots of happy memories in the kitchen.

21 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! I think I might have to steal it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! Truly the best gift. Where do you make up the covers for the binders? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I wish someone would do this for me when I get married next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a heartfelt and wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great gift idea that has sentimental value, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I have my own binder that I made, but have never thought of giving it to someone as a gift!

    Where did you make the covers for the notebooks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous idea. love the personal touch, and one of the most useful wedding presents they'll probably receive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the best idea!!!! i would have loved to get one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! I love giving/getting gifts with thought...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet idea! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a thoughtful gift!! My grandmother filled a binder of her favorite breakfast lunch dinner and dessert recipes for my bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea! Pinning it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Idea!! I think I'll start doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a wonderful idea! I would have loved something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a thoughtful gift! I'm sure they'll have those in their kitchens for many, many years. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a good idea. We got one from our in-laws full of family recipes and fun stories that went along with them as a wedding gift, ans I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute idea! I am sure the loved/will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea!! Did you use some printables or make everything your self?? I'm super impressed either way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is a great idea! I am just now working on a binder of recipes for me, and i've been married 7 years! yours is way cute though! i keep wanting to do "best" recipe swap, where everyone posts their two top tried and true recipes. think anyone would want to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always market everyone.. but you should check out our personal binder at coverbind.com - i think you would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...