|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Saturday, February 18

Valentine's Celebration

Ty was around a lot more in January due to his Radiology schedule, which got us itching to take a trip. We decided that a big trip wasn't feasible time wise and money wise, so we started looking at an overnight trip or a weekend trip somewhere close. We have been wanting to go to a Thunder game and decided this was the perfect overnight trip. The only game that worked with Ty's schedule happened to be on Valentine's Day.

I got up early and bought Ty donuts and sausage rolls for breakfast before we left for the city.
IMG_6971

We had dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant in Bricktown and then headed to the game. The restaurant served heart shaped sopapillas in honor of the day.


I worked for the New Orleans Hornets in college while they were displaced to Oklahoma City after Hurricane Katrina. My old boss and a couple of the people I interned with are now working for the OKC Thunder. Kasey and Jason had it arranged to say Welcome Baby K... on the jumbotron! I was so excited to see it up there on the big screen!


The next morning we walked around the OKC bombing memorial. It was a tragic day for our state and the memorial is a beautiful tribute to those that lost their lives.



The inscription that circles the Survivor Tree reads: The spirit of this city and this nation will not be defeated; our deeply rooted faith sustains us.

We ended our trip with cupcakes. There is a really fun cupcake bakery/candy store in the area called Pinkitzel.
candy01

They sell really cute gifts and I drooled over this party bunting.


My strawberry cupcake was really, really yummy!


It was really nice to get away even if it was only for one night. We had a great time together!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun getaway. So cool to see that message on the jumbotron! And that store looks Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all got a chance to get away together! Your cupcakes have me craving one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you snapped a photo of the jumbotron welcome!!! Would that even have showed up on camera? Sounds like a wonderful little getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice little trip. Sometimes those are the best.

    I haven't been to OKC in a long time. I went to college for a year and a half in Edmond. I rarely cross the red river anymore. :b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why in the world have I never taken the time to go in Pinkitzel...it is so stinking cute! Next time I'm there I will be stopping in for sure! Glad you had a fun little getaway and Baby K was even welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun fun!! I love pinkitzel! and I need to know where you got those sausage breakfast rolls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...