|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, February 26

weekend recap

My weekend was full of showers. I attended a bridal shower on Saturday and helped host a baby shower on Sunday. I absolutely love showers, so it was a fun weekend!

With the Bride-to-be, Sara

I thought she was wearing the perfect bridal shower dress!
Sara and Kenneth met at medical school and are an adorable couple. Kenneth was one of my student workers and I miss having him in the office!

I went to a baby boutique near the shower and fell in love with it. (Peek a Boo Baby, for those in town.) I wanted to buy so many things, but I was good. I can't stop thinking about this Kissy Kissy romper though. I think I need to go back and get it.
picnikfile_3Cz6ST

Thanks for all the comments on the gender announcement. Ty and I are thrilled to be having a sweet, baby boy!

I helped host a baby shower at church on Sunday. Christina had her little girl, Sadie, a couple of weeks ago, so the theme for the shower was Welcome Sadie! We used pineapples to express the welcome part.

I found these tiny pineapples at the grocery store and couldn't pass them up.


I made all the paper products for it. The guest book sheets:
picnikfile_KYTmK7

cupcake toppers






banner


gift log


Ty worked all weekend, so tonight I'm watching the Oscars and eating girl pizza.

I made pesto for the first time tonight. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I followed Iowa Girl Eats' recipe, but subbed almonds for the walnuts.

We also sold my car this weekend! We listed it on autotrader around 9:30 in the morning on Saturday and had around 10 phone calls and 5 e-mails about it. We sold it at 4 in the afternoon to a co-worker of mine. She bought it for her teenage son. I'm so thankful that it sold so fast!

I know I shouldn't wish away months, but I'm glad this month is almost over. Ty was on an ER rotation where he worked 1 pm - 1 am. This meant that I went days without seeing him. On ER months they only work 15 shifts, but his off days were always days I was at work. I'm actually looking forward to a surgery month.

14 comments:

  1. Love your pineapple decor! So cute!!! Also, we had pretty much the same dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bride-to-be is so pretty! And you should definitely get that romper; very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is excellent about selling the car!

    And the little outfit is quite cute, I have been holding back buying clothes for him so far and it is soooo hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kissy Kissy is such a good brand! They wash great if that helps justify it! So cute! Congrats on selling the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Congrats on selling your car! That's awesome it went so fast.

    2. That romper is adorable! If you're still thinking about it.... well you know it's meant to be.

    3. All the decor you did for the showers looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Showers are always great and selling your car so quickly is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygosh, that is fast! will have to keep that in mind when we sell our car...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmygosh, that is fast! will have to keep that in mind when we sell our car...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Restaurant Brugge

    really awesome post thanks 4 sharing this post with us

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tegel Outlet
    Great post and beautiful pics Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love homemade pesto! Do you know about the freezing it in an ice cube tray trick? That's the best part!

    Also...love the idea of spray painting the pineapples...what are you going to do with them? I'm curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm I'm an idiot and it's too early. I know exactly what you did with the pineapples. Please forgive my morning brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute! And I love the pineapple shower decor - what a fun idea! You did a fabulous job on the paper products, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...