|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, November 9

Birthday Extravaganza

This weekend we headed home to attend Ty's nephew's 1st birthday party. It just so happened to be my birthday weekend. (Nathan's birthday is this coming weekend, but the party was a week early so that everyone could attend.) I haven't been at home for my birthday in years. My parents have always traveled to my college town or we have met in the middle.

My grandma took us out for a birthday dinner on Friday and then we made the drive home. We spent late Friday night and Saturday with Ty's family. We had the most gorgeous weather.


Nuts loves to play with Harley as long as Harley is tied up.


Ty's parents' house is down in this valley and is in the middle of a huge plot of land. There were still several trees that had beautiful leaves on them.



Saturday evening was spent at Nathan's 1st birthday party and I will do a post
on it soon. It was adorable!

We spent Sunday with my family. Sunday, the 8th, was my actual birthday.

I love cookie cakes!!!

Mine had a cupcake with sprinkles on it!
We used to always get a cookie cake for everyone's b-day in my family.
If it was your birthday you got to cut out whatever the center design was and have it all to yourself. No one else could eat it. You also had slices of the outside too. But you were guaranteed that center piece. (Yes, my family has some issues with sharing food.)

I was so excited to cut out my cupcake to take home.


My Mom had the table set with her china and my great-grandma's serving pieces.

I have been begging my Mom to let me take these gorgeous green bowls home.


There are 4 or 5 small bowls like the one above and one big bowl.


This picture describes my family perfectly.



Ty, Nuts and I drove home late Sunday afternoon. We celebrated my birthday by getting Chili's To Go (my fave!) and opening presents.

This was one of my gifts from Ty.


It's the kid size snuggie! It is the perfect length for me.
This gift was a complete surprise. He thought that since I spent so much time on the couch I needed something to keep me warm. Not sure if that was a nice comment or not. But hey, now he is encouraging me to stay on the couch!

Nuts kept trying to get under the snuggie with me. Since it is the kids size there isn't quite enough room for him. Plus he is a cover hog.

I told my Mom that Nuts had a Christmas list and he wanted a dog snuggie. I was just joking, but now I think he really does need one, because I'm not sharing!

I had a great birthday weekend with lots of family, presents and fun.
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

39 comments:

  1. Love this post! What a sweet birthday! Glad you had a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! My husband got me a sunggie as well for my birthday. Aren't husband's so funny? He was so excited to give it to me. My dog loves it as well. He will get it out for her even if I am not using it, she just curls up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late Birthday!!! I'm glad you got to see your family. Tell your mom I want those green bowls too - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday!! It looks like you had a lovely time. Your cake looks delish!!

    The dog snuggie is so funny!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday :) I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I'm thinking about getting a dog snuggie for Tessie (although I have a feeling my mom already got one for her :P).

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha love the post... cookie cake is my ABSOLUTE favorite. its hard to top....and the fact that the snuggie is in kids is hilarious. ha happy birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday!

    Oh man. That dog snuggie made me LOL. Literally.
    Thanks for the early morning laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you guys had a great time! I love cookie cakes too :)

    Happy early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in class holding back the laughter so hard my eyes are watering! Gotta love the snuggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! What a great weekend! I love the Nuts suggie! I totally think Santa should bring that for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday a few days late- it looks like you had a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, happy birthday! We always got cookie cakes for our bdays too! The double layer ones with fudge in the middle! mmm, I want one now. I think those dog snuggies are hilarious and if Nuts gets one, you have to post a pic and tell us if it actually stays on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh the snuggie. I have two and one I keep at work. I wear it all the time. I wore it to staff meeting yesterday. I always get made fun of, but I think it's just jealousy. (-:

    Fun!!!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great birthday weekend. I also love me a cookie cake. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That kid size snuggie looks like it fits just perfectly!! I'm glad you had a good brithday weekend. Now I'm CRAVING cookie cake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous pics of the trees! I wish we had fall colors in South Texas. :(

    And happy belated bday!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those trees are so beautiful! I love your gray ruffle top too! Happy late birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. glad you had a wonderful birthday! the dog snuggie made me laugh. I think they were totally made for doxies. I have been contemplating getting my girls one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's definitely a daschsund thing to snuggle. Mine loves being in the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! I always get cookie cakes too - and am definitely going to have to institute the whos-ever birthday it is gets the center design rule. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday! I def think Nuts needs his own snuggie... and we need to see pictures when he gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So fun! Happy Birthday! I saw the dog Snuggie this weekend, and actually posted a picture today, great minds think alike, you did do your post first though, but I just saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday!!! So glad you had a nice weekend at home with the fam. And I think Nuts most certainly needs a doggie snuggie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Belated Birthday! Your little family is too cute for words! I didn't realize they made kid size Snuggies. They look a lot less cultish/drink the kool-aid. Nuts totally needs one too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. happy birthday! love the snuggie... i think my dog needs one too... he's a boxer and constantly needing something or someONE to snuggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got a pink snuggie for our anniversay! Mine is the adult size and it is huge, so Ty definitely got the right one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. sounds like you had a perfect birthday hun!!
    the cookie cake looks DELICIOUS!!
    i bought my little gussy a snuggie for christmas! i'm praying he likes it! i still need to get one, nice to know they come in kid sizes. i'm a shorty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. happy birthday!! looks like a fun weekend! i just got a snuggie too!! mine's leopard print. they're actually surprisingly warm and useful! hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday! I love my Snuggie and I definitely think that Nuts needs one for Christmas! Yummy cookie cake - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you had a great birthday!!!!! I got a cookie cake for the first time last year on my birthday--it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday! You look so cute in your snuggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. happy birthday belated! love your cookie cake and snuggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy late birthday!! I'm glad you had a fun, family filled day. And I agree that your puppy totally needs a snuggy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy belated Birthday!!! you look so cute! and that cookie cake looks yuummy! i love that the birthday girl/guy gets the middle design all to themselves! what a great tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a fun weekend! I love the green bowls. I can see why you want them.

    Glad you had a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. looks like you had THE best birthday!!! love the the pics :) Sorry I've been a terrible commenter! I'm catching up!

    loving the new layout!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hope you had a great birthday!! My hubs bought me a Snuggie too just because, and it's one of my fave gift!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...