|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, November 18

some randoms

*I love that purples and plums are in this season. Lately, I'm drawn to those colors in clothing stores.I got this beauty in the mail yesterday.
Not sure that I would ever use this color scheme in my house, but I love it. So pretty.
*I did not get the job that I applied for within my company. Kinda disappointing, but they hired a lady with a doctorate degree. My measley bachelor's degree can't compete with that. :)
I did get a promotion and I'm now an Assistant Director. whoo hoo! I'm very excited about it!
*I'm also training the new director. This means on top of doing two jobs I'm also training someone. I'm not complaining, I'm not complaining, I'm not complaining...

*I didn't check my gmail once yesterday. Work is BUSY.
*Thank goodness Megan introduced me to TweetDeck. It is one way to stay in touch throughout the day.
*Not so good when you are training your new boss and tweets keep popping up on your screen. hehe. I thought that I had exited out of it, but it went down to toolbar (down on your screen where it tells you that you are connected to the internet.) Apparently, it doesn't automatically exit you out of the program when you hit the X.
*Ty and I have been listening to Christmas music on Pandora. He is asking me if we can put lights on the outside of the house and put up our tree. I'm torn, but staying strong and resisting. I hate doing Christmas things before Thanksgiving, but it is the best part of winter and I can't resist that jolly music!
*Ty went with me to a recruitment event on Monday. I love it when he can do these things with me. It makes my job so enjoyable and he does a great job promoting our program.
*And just to bring things full circle and to show you my train of thought. Ty wore a dark plum tie to church on Sunday with a grey sweater vest over it with grey pinstriped pants. I loved it. My two favorite clothing colors of the season: purple and grey. I wish I would have taken a pic of his outfit.



24 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the job, but that's great about the promotion, congrats! Don't you think it's funny that you are essentially training your superior? Not that I know exactly, but if you're the assistant and s/he is the director that makes me think they are your direct superior :)

    I once applied for a position in the admissions office of the college I went to and I was REALLY bummed that I didn't get it. That's what I did when I went to grad school and I loved it. It sounds like you do something similar/related so I like hearing about your jobbie stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to train my manager last year too! They hired someone with 6years of industry experience (I only had 2). I defintely understood my company's position but that didn't really make it less annoying! haha

    AND FINALLY, someone who is standing strong to the no decorating before thanksgiving! it seems like everyone else has started and I have to admit it's kinda stressing me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't get the position you wanted! It must be crazy now too, training your future boss?! But I'm so happy for you that you got a promotion as well. I can't imagine how busy that makes you!!

    And I'm glad someone is standing strong with not putting up the tree before Thanksgiving! I feel like everyone else is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the purple, as well! I had to stop buying purple stuff because I felt like I was drawn to that in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you didn't get the position, but CONGRATS on the promotion! Especially during such a difficult economic time for our country. Will you have many more additional responsibilities in the new position?

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your promotion=)! purple and gray are my colors this season too! and I never used to wear purple=) that is so neat that Ty went with you to the dinner, I loved when Hubby came to all of my things when I taught, he even chaperoned all of the overnight trips with my highschoolers! the kids loved it too=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, I'm really iffy about putting Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving...no need in rushing things I say.

    Congrats on your promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I'm not the only one listening to Christmas music! It makes me feel warm and gooey inside, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great about the promotion!! :) Congrats! And I'm sure that work will get less busy as the training is less rigorous! I haven't listened to any Christmas music yet, but it seems like everyone else is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that purple-y colors look so pretty on people with your complexion. So warm and complimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the plums right now too! I've never heard of that magazine. I need to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish you would've gotten the big job, but you did get a promotion so that's awesome! Congratulations! Sorry that you are having to train your boss, I can only imagine how tuff that could be. Hopefully it will be a semi-smooth transition and will all go well once you aren't training her anymore. I'll keep you in my thoughts! Good luck as the Assistant Director!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the promotion! And I am so glad you are using tweetdeck now! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your promotion, that's great! I LOVE Christmas music as well. I am tempted to put my tree and stuff up this weekend, but I don't know if I will or not. I can't handle the POM juice on it's own either, but you should try the POM tea...I think right now there are four different flavors and I love them all. Just enough sweetness to them. Oh, and I love that y'all started your own Kitchen Queens group. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to use those colors in a little girl's nursery. Now I just need to have a little girl. Ah ha ha. Congrats btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on the promotion!!! :) and i lovee wearing those colors especially throughout winter! i love that you get to take your man to work events ... that has to make it soo much more fun & you get to show him off!! haha esp when hes dressed like that! ah haha i wish you would have taken a pic!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. putting up christmas stuff is such a pain! why not enjoy it for as long as possible is what i say! also, you can take advantage of this decent weather and not be decorating outside when it's freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry about not getting the position you wanted, but, congratulations on the promotion! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise - you got a promotion and won't have all the responsibility. (-:

    ~Kathryn

    PS I LOVE purples, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the kind comment and for visiting my page! I love your new design too! You did an awesome job! I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really pretty blog~ Love that photo on House Beautiful.

    ~jamilyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your hubby's church clothes sound handsome!

    Congrats on the promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay!!! Congrats on your promotion! I love the dark plum colors too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I went to and I was REALLY bummed that I didn't get it.


    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...