|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, March 29

mascara trials

My favorite mascara for the last three years has been Dior Blackout.


This little tube can get quite pricey for mascara and I have randomly bought drug store brand mascaras over the years to see if I can find anything comparable. I never have any luck and always go back to it. The last few times I have bought it I felt like they have changed the formula slightly. So, my quest for a great drug store brand began again.

Full N' Soft was my favorite mascara in high school and college. It still is a great mascara, but I feel like it doesn't have enough mascara on the brush and I never get my lashes as full or as dark as I do with Dior Blackout.



I have probably tried six or seven different mascaras over the past 4 months. This last mascara spree was a success. First of all, I had a coupon at Ulta and the Maybelline mascaras were buy two, get one free. Second of all, I found the ONE.

Here is my new favorite: Maybelline XXL Pro 24 hr. Bold.

I don't usually like having too layer two different formulas, but this one is great.

And it is a savings of almost $16 compared to Dior Blackout.

I had planned on taking picture of my lashes with each different formula on, but laziness won out. This was my runner up.

I love big wands, but I do have a problem with getting black specks all over my freshly shadowed eye lid. The brush may be a little too big.

Wow, my eyes look tired. Ignore them and just look at the lashes.

I did try mascaras that weren't the Maybelline brand, but they were no bueno. I guess I am drawn to them due to my old fave, Full N Soft.

What is your favorite mascara?

Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. oo thanks! My mascara is out and I had NO idea what I was going to buy next. well until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered Maybelline after a long drawn out search for the perfect mascara as well. I settled for Maybelline's Volum' Express Turbo Boost in Very Black and I absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post. I love Full 'n' Soft, but I can't argue with the pictures - that XXL Pro looks great. I'm going to branch out and give that a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I need new mascara and wow your green eyes just pop with the new kind you bought! You have beautiful eyes:) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so pretty! no tired eyes for you.

    i love maybelline's xxl. isn't it awesome????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giiiiirl you got some great eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have gorgeous lashes!

    I think I may have to try the XXL- thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have great lashes! I use loreal beauty tubes! but i do like dior

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first one looks amazing! Also I love your eye shadow. It looks professional. How did you do it? What shadow is it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been using the Great Lash Big in blackest black, and I love it! Now I will have to check out the XXL, it looks awesome! I used to use Benefit, but found that it flaked off in the middle of the day, which was not an attractive look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the mascara review!! I am looking for a cheap but good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cover Girl Lash Blast (in the orange tube) is my go-to drugstore mascara. I tried it on a recommendation when I was feeling too cheap to spend $20+ on my usual DiorShow or Benefit Bad Gal mascara. It dries out a bit more quickly than department store brands but for the price it's fantastic! My friend actually asked me if I was wearing fake eyelashes when she saw me with this mascara on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been looking for a new mascara and have also been going through the drug store brands! I am putting this on my list to remember to pick up this week!! Thanks for the review!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite mascara is Lancome Hypnose. Loreal Voluminous mascara is comparable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use Cover Girl Lash Blast- orange tube.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always tried lots but I seem to like Maybelline the best. I've used the short fat original one forever..ill try xxl pro next time though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Maybelline, too. Full N Soft is my favorite. I will have to try out this new find of yours next time I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have gorgeous eyes! And eyelashes! I recently had to cut Dior out of my budget and have been using the Lash Blast by CoverGirl which I like, but, when that runs out I'll have to try the Maybelline kind!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the one you chose-it looks great!

    I used to wear the Diorshow, but I felt like it was always drying out really fast (like in less than a month).

    I now use the old pink and green maybelline that's been around for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The XXL Pro looks great! I like Dior also, but right now I've been using Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Maybelline... I'm a loyal follower of this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! Thank you! I'm a messy mascara applier and I currently use 2 different mascaras. Full n' soft was always my go to but I'm excited to try the XXL for extra volume!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this post! My mascara just ran out this morning - now I know what to try next! I've been using L'Oreal's Voluminous but it's so runny that you can't blink right after you put it on or else it'll end up all over your eyelids! Your eyes look amazing in these pics, such a great advertisement :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...