|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, April 12

DC in pictures

I was in DC last week for work meetings from Tuesday to really late Saturday night. The weather was so nice, although a little too warm for me (90s).

I was with a group of people from work and we headed to visit with our state's senators and congressman, well with their staff since it was a recess. We had time between our appointments and went to the Library of Congress. I had never been in before. Oh my, it was gorgeous!

Lots of marble, stained glass, and amazing details.






After our work duties were done we headed to sit
along the Potomac and ended up taking a boat cruise.


Part of my work group was the president of our school. The man has more energy than anyone I know. He made me get up from our table and walk toward these officers. Little did I know he was going to make me take a picture with them. haha.
We ended up at The Bethesda Crabhouse for dinner.
Yummy! I took a picture of the aftermath, but it was a bit much for the ol' blog.
But boy was it good.

Afterward dinner we stopped at this outdoor shopping center for gelato. I loved the outdoor setting with the flowers and lights.

I had a free day on Thursday and got to spend it with friends. One of my good childhood friends and her parents recently moved to Baltimore. They drove in to spend the day with me.
We had such a good time shopping and seeing a few exhibits at a Smithsonian.

I love wisteria. It smells so lovely.
Side note about wisteria...I found out while I was on this trip that my city is finally getting an Anthropologie!!!!! The store it is going into has a big pergola covered with wisteria. It is going to be the perfect setting for the store.

We saw Julia Child's kitchen, the ruby red slippers, and the first ladies' inaugural ball gowns.


We also saw the Hope Diamond and a lot of other fab jewels.

I would wear this crown everywhere if it were mine: the grocery store, work, walking Nuts, etc. love, love, love.
Last year when I was in DC I went to Georgetown Cupcakes. This year I wanted to visit Hello Cupcake in Dupont Circle. SOOOO glad I did. I fell in love with this cupcake bakery.

cupcakes+chandeliers=perfection

Ginger and I


See that pink cupcake. Strawberry buttercream frosting with strawberry cake. Pure heaven.


It was a great trip, but I was so happy when Ty and Nuts picked me up at the airport. There are a couple of work events happening in DC next year and I hope to return. What a fun city!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

  1. Looks like you had quite the amazing trip!! I'm jealous you got to see the Ruby Red Slippers!! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures of DC look great and it looks like you had a fun time. We sure did miss you for the play Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! The cupcake bakery is so cute! I haven't been to DC since high school, but I love the Library of Congress, it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so glad you had fun here!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great trip! Those cupcakes look divine. I went to DC in middle school but that was over 15 years ago . . . I think I need to plan a trip back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fun trip!! love the pics! I need a cupcake right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling just looking at those cupcakes! Looks like a great trip! I love DC!! It is fun to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun trip! I haven't been to DC in years and can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for the triple comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun!! i love that pink chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely loved both Georgetown Cupcakes and Hello Cupcake. My friend took me to Hello cupcake and she says they have the best cupcake in her opinion (Banana Gorilla or something along that line).

    I love love love DC. IN fact, I cannot wait till I have an opportunity to visit again. (Hopefully soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had a blast! Dr G has more energy than any 2 people I've ever met combined. I am still doing the Anthro happy dance ... although my checkbook is terrified as I will have to pass it every. single. day.

    You better come to AMSA next year in DC, that would be so much fun!

    Hope your surprise date went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We literally found out we are moving to the DC area in a month! I can't believe how excited I am to read your DC posts and start visiting some great spots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh I love DC!! I've only been twice but man do I ever want to go back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never been to DC and would love to!! Your pictures are awesome, it looks so beautiful there. The Library of Congress is incredible! And I love wisteria!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love DC! Living so close to it, I forget how lucky I am to have it! But it really is a fun place with SO much to do! I want to go back now and try those cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you have a fabulous trip! I live in DC and still have not been to the Library of Congress. So sad! But your pictures are so amazing that I am motivated to make a trip there. I have never been to Hello Cupcake. I am a huge Georgetown Cupcake lover (probably have them once a week!) how do the two bakeries compare?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love DC! Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm heading to DC next week for work. I'm so excited. I've never been before.

    I'm going to have to hit up that cupcake place.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I lived in DC for a year after I graduated from college. It is a beautiful city to visit, but with all the traffic I could not appreciate living there...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun work trip! How lucky you were to have a little down time and get to see the city a bit- I hate getting to go to a great place for work but then being stuck in meetings all day and night. The cupcake bakery is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pictures! Love the ones inside the Library of Congress and the tiara. I am with you - wearing a tiara makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun! Your photos are great :o) I haven't been to DC in years (I was in middle school) and your photos make me think hubs and I should take a little trip there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. how GORGEOUS are your pics?
    (you are adorable)
    and those cupcakes make me scream!
    (aren't they so lovely)
    i bet delish too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oklahoma's getting an Anthropologie?!?!?! Yay!

    Those cupcakes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great trip! I haven't been to D.C. in ages! Looks like a beautiful time of year to visit, though! I can't believe T-town is getting an Anthropologie! CrAzY! I LOVE cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh, I LOOOOOVE DC! Glad you had fun. I also love the smell of wisteria and it's so pretty. I bet you're so excited about Anthro!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love D.C.! I lived there for 6 months once and couldn't get over how great it was. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so glad you had a great time! i am so bummed we didn't meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Library of Congress is my very favorite building. I miss living in DC soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! That cupcake place looks AMAZING! And you saw the kitchen of Julia Child?! I've been interested in that ever since I saw Julie & Julia. Did you read the book? It was AWESOME. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...