|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, March 20

weekend recap

Ah, the weekend. They are never long enough, are they?

Friday night we headed downtown to see all the NCAA tournament excitement. We didn't have tickets, but the city had tents set up outside the arena with big televisions and food vendors. We had Brownie's Hamburgers for dinner and it was delish!

I could definitely go for one of those cheeseburgers right about now.

Saturday I took my BBBS little sister to a children's museum. The museum has a small city set up where the kids can grocery shop, run a restaurant, be a doctor, postman, hair stylist, etc.
I wish this ice cream cone in the "restaurant" would have been real!


After church on Sunday, I went to Megan's to work on our cookie skills. We have both been wanting to learn how to use royal icing on cookies and finally got around to doing it. We gave up on piping around each cookie and only flooded the cookies. I think they still turned out cute!
IMG_6141

Ty isn't working any weekends this month for his ICU rotation and it has been great! We have had so much fun just hanging out with each other.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great weekend!

    And yay for the hubs not working any weekends! :)

    http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend - I've given up carbs for the week and that cheeseburger and fries literally made my stomach growl! The cookie too - even though it almost looks too cute to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look SOOO delish.... mmm, I could go for some cookies right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, the weekends aren't ever long enough!

    I'm so impressed with your cookie making skills! My icing is always too runny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for fun weekends! And yeah, they're never long enough that's for sure... :) My office is weird and doesnt pull up photos sometimes, so I couldnt see all teh fun pics, but sounds like the weekend was a good one! That childrens museum thing sounds cool! So awesome that you have a little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun weekend! i'll have to check out that children's museum sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man that burger and fries look DELICIOUS! I need one of those now too! The little elephant cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooove the cookies!! So glad Ty is around more. So fun!! I'll email you the cake info tonight. But based on your cookie skills you may be able to do it yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fabulous weekend! The cookies turned out SUPER cute!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...