|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, January 9

Bumpdate: 12 weeks

12 weeks

How Far Along
: 12 weeks, 5 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: After seeing the difference on the scale at the doctor's office from two appointments two weeks apart, I invested in a good scale. I have gained 2 lbs, but it feels like more than that. I'm not sure how much of that bump above is a bump or just bloating.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. Let's just say things are starting to get tight. Ty put a bella band in my stocking and I think I will be busting it out this week.

Gender: No idea. I don't have a feeling either way.

Movement: Not yet.

Sleep: I can't get enough!

What I miss: Energy! Every once in a while I will want a Mt. Dew, but now that I've told the lady in the bookstore that I'm pregnant I can't bring myself to give into the craving and have her judge my caffeine intake. ha!

Cravings: I don't have any specific cravings, although Saturday night at Charleston's I scarfed down a salad like I hadn't eaten in days. I could definitely go for another one of those!

Best Moment this week: Having enough energy yesterday to clean the house after church. It was like a first trimester miracle!

Other random symptoms from the past couple of months: I want to be able to remember these details.
-I can hardly sit at work my butt hurts so bad. This is a complaint my family is used to hearing from long car rides, but I sit at work for two hours and feel like I'm going to die. It is the weirdest thing.
-I got to hear the heartbeat at 7 weeks. What an amazing sound! I thought I would cry, but I just kept smiling. It was such a relief. I was truly pregnant. There really was a baby growing inside me. Baby's heart rate was 127.
-I hope that Ty will be able to make it to a few appointments, but I really can't count on that. I thought I would be more upset about it, but the reality is that is just our life right now and maybe always. I have always been an independent person, but being married to a medical student and now a surgery resident has made me so much stronger. Luckily, Chesley was able to go with me to the appointment, so I did not have to go alone. She is a great friend!
-I could care less about sweets. WHO AM I??
-From the moment I found out I was pregnant there hasn't been a night that I've slept straight
through without having to get up to use the bathroom.
-I have grown quite a bit, ahem, up top.
-I get full really fast. It's too bad, because I really want to keep eating. :)
-A weeks or so of semi-bad nausea and random waves of nausea here and there. I haven't actually gotten sick once. I am considering myself a very lucky lady. The nausea is disappearing for the most part.
-My sense of smell has been strong since almost the day I found out I was pregnant, then allergies hit and I can't smell much.

38 comments:

  1. You look so freaking fantastic!! Pregnancy definitely suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!!!! Congrats. I can't wait to follow this journey with you. Happy new year right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously adroable! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! Glad you're feeling well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! :) Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely beautiful and radiant! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for these! You really do look great!

    And my sweet tooth disappeared at first too, but it came back in full force around 20 weeks I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeks love this. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for baby updates! Can't wait to see your progression. And I can't to find out if I need to buy lot's of pink or blue to spoil my niece/nephew...either way, he/she will be spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the title!! You look great and I can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look ADORABLE!!!!! Glowing!!!!

    PS - boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindsey, you look fantastic! I am so excited to follow along on the pregnancy journey & I'm so glad you're doing updates!

    I'm with Megan - sounds like a boy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking great, girl! And I feel you on the whole hubby situation. Jonathan was able to come to several appointments/ultrasounds with Riggins, but he hasn't been able to make it to one (not even our gender reveal ultrasound!) with this guy. It's a bummer at first, but you'll find other ways to include him in your pregnancy and to make things fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time commenting... You look great! Hoping you feel 100% in no time! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I have been away from blog land for a long time -- and I see that much has changed! Can't wait to keep up with you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATULATIONS! What exciting news. You are simply glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. (My first time commenting too!)
    Congratulations!

    I bet you're having a boy! I'm currently pregnant with a baby girl and I was VERY nauseous...and I broke out, and the heartbeat was faster...

    So that's my prediction! Start thinking of those boy names! Congratulations again...babies are miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must have missed your announcement the other day! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the "bumpdate"! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy 12 weeks! That's so exciting. I think I had every one of those symptoms when I was preggers too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. seriously so excited for you! you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness you look so good!! i love your dress. i am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yayayayay! So happy for you. SO many of your early symptoms are the same as mine! I am almost 20 weeks and still aiting for that second trimester energy boost...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations to you and Ty! Your baby bump is beyond precious. So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't think it was possible for you to get any prettier...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute little bump! You should share details of finding out your were prego and sharing the news with Ty and family!! So excited for you! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look so great!! You just glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats. You look beautiful. And yay for not feeling sick. When I had my little lady, I was sick all the time for the first 16 weeks. You're one lucky lady :-)

    PS: thanks for coming by yesterday, and for your sweet words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh My Goodness! Congratulations!! I'm sorry I'm late to comment, I'm just now making my way through my Google Reader! What a wonderful Christmas present for you & Ty! I can't wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations!!! What an exciting way to start 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations! So excited for you both and I can't wait to follow all your pregnancy updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. you look SO wonderful! pregnancy totally suits you! I know i just keep saying it over and over again, but I'm just so happy for you guys! EKK can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gah! I missed the big announcement!!! Congrats lady!! You look amazing and I can't wait to follow along!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on the pregnancy! I just came across your blog and its so cute and I can totally relate. My hubs is a surgical resident(PGY2)too and we have been starting to think about babies, but I am so scared to do it alone with his crazy schedule and being across the country from family for residency! Nice to see that you guys are doing well- it can be done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...