|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, August 10

Foodie Trip

Ty and I took a food road trip on Saturday to Krebs. It is a town that was founded by Italian Americans. There are 3 authentic Italian restaurants in the small town. I had been wanting to go for a long time. Ty told me early last week that he had planned a trip. I was so excited!

We headed to Lake Eufala to eat lunch and explore around the lake. We have some great college memories from spending weekends at the lake with one of Ty's college buddies.
Lunch at the tastee-freez

One of the best cheeseburgers ever!

There is an Italian grocery store in Krebs. It would have been great if we were planning a dinner. We should have packed an ice chest. They had great meats and cheeses. We sampled bread with different olive oil and some cheeses. So yummy! I bought some parmesan salad dressing and can't wait to try it.

I was fascinated by all this fig stuff. I have no idea what you would use it for.

We didn't time the trip exactly the way we wanted to so we explored downtown McAlaster. We found a small winery and some cute little shops. We also went to the Krebs Historical Museum... Very interesting little place.

We weren't sure which restaurant to choose in Krebs. We ended up going to Pete's Place because it looked the nicest. The food was good!

You get a plate of spaghetti, ravioli, and meatballs served family style with your entree.

I ordered fettucini alfredo.

We didn't take a picture together all day. :(

Not sure why this one turned out blurry. Probably best--I was hot after a day on the road and exploring the lake area.

Thanks Ty for planning a fun day trip for us!! I love getting to spend weekends with you!

Photobucket


Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. So fun!!! What a neat little day trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fig! You could use it to fill cookies (a la fig newton) or to spread on bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks awesome...especially the burger and fries!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun mini getaway! =) Your alfredo looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of Ty to plan that trip! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun! I want to go here! All that food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That food looks delish!
    Sounds like a fun day trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like so much fun! First of all, I have always wanted to eat at tastee-freez, but I have never seen one! Second, all of that Italian food sounds so yummy (If I didn't know better, I'd swear I must be part Italian)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Fun!!! I love a day planned around eating..that is my fav thing to do while gone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this stuff all looks delicious! I love little places like that. Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you guys had a great time! thanks for sharing all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm not supposed to look at this much food so early in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! And how sweet of Ty to plan the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, yay for a fun weekend with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love tastee freeze! ohhh, figs. we gotta find you some good recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always heard about Pete's Place but have never eaten there. Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe you went to McAlester! That's been a place we've gone all my life! My Mom prefers Giacomo's though! The atmosphere is different, but the food is soooo good! You get the same family style items before your actual entree! And Eufaula too....fun times!!! Hope you stopped by some of the shops there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the pasta looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun! A food road trip sounds my like my idea of a perfect Saturday! Both your meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! Don't you just love day trips? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. okay, that sounds so fun! We love the show Diners, Drive ins and Dives...and we always say we'd love to go to those places.

    I'm jealous!

    This is my first time stopping by your blog...and I'll be following!

    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...