|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, August 31

Wide Open Spaces

**not sure why my pictures weren't displaying this afternoon. they were showing this morning. you should be able to see them now.**

Ty and I headed to our hometown this weekend to celebrate his mom's birthday. We stayed with my family Friday night and had a great time catching up with everyone. Our parents live less than 10 minutes from each other. It is so nice to be able to see everyone in one trip.

Ty's Dad is a veterinarian and has a big clinic and lots of land. There are always different animals around their property. There are usually some horses around and I have always wanted to ride them. But for some reason never have. I guess there is always too much activity going on at his house, although you would think that I would have sometime over the last decade.

Doug was excited that someone wanted to ride the horses and saddled up three of them for him, Ty and me to ride. This was my first time on a horse since I was a little girl.
Yes, I am wearing skinny jeans and a ruffled top and Ty is wearing plaid shorts. We are definitely city folk now!

I rode on Bulldozer.


I wish I would have taken my camera with me, but I wasn't too sure how I would handle it all. And let's face it my pants are too tight to fit anything in my pocket. It was a gorgeous day and the land was beautiful and I was sad that I didn't have my camera.



Toward the end we herded some cattle from one field to another.
{okay, so I just hung back, but I was there!}

My goodness I was sore that night and the next day. (and still today.) It was a lot of fun and I hope we have time to do it again on our next visit.

Riding around on the golf cart
We went out to the wildlife refuge and had a picnic. Ty and I bought his mom this oilcloth table cloth for her birthday.


I'm not much of a hiker, but we did have a good time!

Ty is one of four children. Not everyone could be there for the weekend, but his younger sister and her husband made it. They got married at the end of July. Now all of his siblings are married. The original four kids plus the four in-laws all mesh so well and we always have so much fun together.
Jesse and I took an in-law picture.
Isn't this the most akward picture ever?! haha!


Ty with his mom and sister.

The beautiful sunset we saw from the top of the "mountain." Mountains in my state are pretty small, but a mountain nonetheless.


Please note that we were at the top of the mountain when the sun set. It was a pretty dim hike down. Lots of memories were made on that hike! :)


We had a great trip home on Sunday with a couple of fun stops that I will post about tomorrow.


Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful, what a great place to go on a hike!

    Also, the horses are so cute! I love horses, but get nervous when I'm riding one for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! I'm sure Ty's mom was very happy that you guys made it back for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had such a great time! I love weekends with the fam! That awkward picture made me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous pictures! Looks like so much fun! Especially the picnic part where you get to eat. I missed lunch today, and I'd say it is definitely affecting me! hah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see your pictures :( They won't load! Hmmm..it's prob my computer...I will check back bc it sounds like lotsa fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a great time!
    only half the pics worked for me...i'll stop by later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun and beautiful pictures!! It sounded like such a great trip! Love the tablecloth too=) and love the skinny jeans and ruffle top, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great time with both of your families...I couldn't see most of the photos either, but I'll stop back by again later and try to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason I can only see one and a half pictures. And you know how much I love pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like some of the others, I could only see a couple photos--but the ones I did were great!!

    You have such wonderful in-laws! And what a beautiful place to grow up. Do you think you guys will move back after your husband finishes school/residency?

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason the pictures won't show up on my computer OR phone! Why?! Anyway, I'm sure you had a great time, just wish I could see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww - I love the refuge. Dayna and I use to go there a lot before she passed away. Your pics reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun time! Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! It cracks me up because my husband (who knows TY well) grew up in small town OK (Verden, Anadarko area) and they had animals and it's very much the country. I always feel like SUCH a city girl when we go out there!
    Ty's mom is so nice... I hope she had a nice b-day! I LOVE the oilcloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't riding horses fun!!! What a great weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL! OK has the best sunsets of anywhere ... but where in the world of OK is this? I think I want to go visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so fun! I love riding. I've been doing it since I was 10. Horses are amazing. Such a nice place to ride too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the awkward in-law picture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like so much fun! I love horseback riding, so I am jealous!

    Where were y'all? You can just say the state if you want - totally curious b/c that sunset is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pics! You know, I just can't like horseback riding. I used to do it as a child, but now it's just too painful on the 'ole backside.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! Jesse told us about one thing that happened on the hike. He couldn't believe you guys didn't tell us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Horses totally freak me out. But it looks like you had fun and of course love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pictures are great! Looks like you had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay, the pics show up to do! How beautiful! Looked like you guys had a great outdoorsy time!!

    ps - is that ruffle top from Target? I have it in Green......and black.. ha! We are Target junkies. I just want you to realize HOW close the new one is to my house. Wait, I will show you. We will have Target nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful place! It looks like you had such a great time!! The hike looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love horse back riding!!! I am soooo jealous of your target shirts by the way..>I might buy them and save one for after baby

    ReplyDelete
  28. that's so funny, I had no prob seeing the pics yesterday afternoon=) just stopped back in to see if I was missing any=) still cute, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful pictures! And beautiful horses! What a fun outing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. all the pics worked ;)
    you are so cute!
    what a fun day....i also haven't been on a horse since i was in middle school. forever ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun fun weekend!! The pictures are gorgeous. So glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...