|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, August 3

Weekend Recap

Friday:
I thought I would be spending the evening alone, but Ty ended up getting off much earlier than expected. The weather was amazing, so we headed to an arboretum to take Nuts on a walk. The arboretum is in this gorgeous, old, well-established neighborhood. We walked down a couple streets admiring the houses. I love old houses!
The gorgeous courtyard.

Saturday:
The gorgeous weather carried through Saturday morning. Nuts and I headed to the dog park. He has such a good time playing with the other dogs.
He bonded with his own kind.

You may remember the post where I asked for help picking out some outdoor fabric. Well, I ordered a yard from Joann.com. I patiently waited for the 2 week time that they said it would take receive it. I never received it so I called them and they said, "oh its on back order until the end of August." I ordered the fabric on June 30. Needless to say I was not happy! They didn't even notify me that it was on back order. (It wasn't on back order when I placed the order.) I cancelled the order and placed a new one with fabric.com. They ship within 48 hrs. I should have gone with them in the first place.
I recovered the seats and I'm happy with the results.
The before
The after
I was watching the news Saturday morning and they were advertising free day at the zoo. I texted Ty and said if you get off early we are going. I hadn't been to this city's zoo since I was itty bitty. There are no pictures from this experience. It did not turn out well. The wonderful weather had left and it was hot and humid. The animals were pretty lethargic. It was nice to get out and do something with Ty on a Saturday. I'm thrilled to have him around on Saturday afternoons and not have him studying.

Saturday night we went to the mall. I was out of mascara {dior blackout} and it is only sold at Sephora. I love going there and getting perfume samples. I am trying out a couple of philosophy perfumes. We ended the night with the best snow cones ever!


Sunday:
I love Sunday afternoons! I usually spend them at home being lazy and baking something.
Nuts and I went back to the dog park for an hour, took naps, did some laundry, etc.
I made blueberry muffins with a struesel topping.

Ty is on a cardiology rotation this month. He worked this past weekend and should have the rest of the August weekends off. Yay!

Photobucket


Posted by Picasa

33 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend!! I love the new chairs, you did a great job recovering them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuts is so cute! I have a dachshund too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern you picked out for the chairs! It turned out awesome! Oh, and you should post your muffin recipe! They look mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are Nuts and his little friends!?!

    The chair looks great. Glad you were able to get fabric finally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! :) Your chair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bhahahaha love how you labeled the dog pic : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on the chairs! It's a definite improvement. I also have to agree with the previous poster about the muffins - they look so good it's cruel to not share the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice weekend! I love the new chairs you recovered, great job!

    Nuts is too cute! I love dachshunds, they're great dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chair redo! and that blue berry muffin looks super yum

    ReplyDelete
  10. pssssssst. check out my blog. there is a surprise on it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! The chairs look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those chairs turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun weekend! Great work on the darling seat covers! You should have a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo... LOVE the chair redo!! Looks so great!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The chairs look fantastic :)

    Awww, Nuts & his playmates are so sweet!!

    I'm glad you had a lovely weekend... I did too!

    Saskia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the chairs!! You did a wonderful job! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That fabric is so cute and looks perfect on the chair. The blueberry muffin you made looks amazing too! I almost made muffins this weekend but decided to just buy ice cream and pig out on that instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the fabric on those chairs - it is so pretty! Those blueberry muffins look delish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the chair looks awesome and how cute is nuts with his own peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The chair fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds like a great weekend :)
    the chairs turned out great! i am loving that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your chairs look great! That fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The chairs look absolutely great! Love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way the chairs turned out! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love what you did with the chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! The chairs look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The chairs look great! Is your husband happy with the way they turned out? He wanted some color didn't he.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, I would love the recipe for the muffins too. I made that strawberry salad the other day for some friends. My husband and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, the new look on the outdoor chairs is SOOO cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The chairs turned out great! You are so good at that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your chairs! ironically i just put that exact same fabric on a chair in my shop!

    crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! the chair and muffin look WONDERFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. After 2 weeks of vacation, I'm slowly trying to catch up on google reader. I looove the way your chair turned out. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...