|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, April 20

Charm City

I had an all day meeting in Baltimore for work last week. I used my airline miles for Ty to tag along. It has been so much fun to travel with him this month. Our hotel was in the Inner Harbor area and had fantastic views of the water from our room.
IMG_6200_1-1
Don't you just want to be on one of those sailboats?

We got into Baltimore on Thursday afternoon and the weather was absolutely gorgeous! We explored the Inner Harbor area and ate yummy seafood. We sat out on one of the docks on the harbor for the longest time. It was so relaxing. I could have laid down and taken a nap.
baltimore

ty







This pink dog was on display in the visitor's center to encourage people to visit one of the many art museums. It was made out of pink chiffon and tulle.
photo

IMG_6216_1-1

Thursday evening we attended a reception at the aquarium. It was one of the nicest aquariums I have been to and our group was the only one there! No bus loads of school children, no big crowds--it was the best way to visit an aquarium. :)
IMG_6207_1

I was in meetings all day Friday, but Ty was able to do some exploring. He went all over the place and took water taxis to get everywhere.
One of the places he went to was Fort McHenry, the birthplace of the National Anthem.
ft mchenry

ft mchenry 1

Friday night we walked to Fell's Point, an old historic district. The weather had gotten chilly and windy, but we made the best of it.
IMG_6231-1-1

IMG_6229-1

I loved the cobblestone streets and the bricked sidewalk. I am obsessed with chevron and loved that it was used everywhere in Baltimore, including the sidewalks.
IMG_6227_1-1

From Fell's Point we walked to Little Italy for dinner at Ammici's. It was pretty tasty and the portions were huge!
04

View of the skyline from our hotel
IMG_6240-1

Saturday morning we woke up to rain and it didn't stop until after we had gone to bed that night. I'm so glad we got to enjoy the beautiful weather on Thursday. We rented a car Saturday morning and drove about an hour to a small town north of Baltimore to visit a friend from high school. You may remember Ginger from my trips to DC and Philadelphia. She and her parents moved to the Northeast a couple of years ago. We grew up together and went to the same church. It was so much fun to hang out with her and her parents.

Ginger took us to on a scenic (rainy) drive to visit a little Amish store where we got whoopie pies and I bought some peach jam to take home.


We had a crab feast for lunch in her town--crab legs and crab cakes. Yummy! She drove us across the border to Delaware to go shopping. It was about 15 minutes from their house and they do all their shopping in Delaware, because it is tax free. We came home had the best delivery pizza ever and played monopoly on the iPad. {Playing monopoly on the iPad is the best way to play. No set up, no counting money, no clean up--so easy! I think I need an iPad just to play board games on.}

We left early the next morning to return home. It was such a nice trip. Ty and I love visiting the Northeastern part of the country and want to visit so many other cities in that area. There is so much to do and see and the history is just amazing.


15 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip, I'll have to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Baltimore and the aquarium there is my absolute favorite. The dolphin show is the best. Looks like you guys had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look just beautiful. Honestly I never new Baltimore had so much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view from your room! Great pictures! I've never been to Baltimore, but after seeing your pictures, makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the east coast :)

    Baltimore is a really fun city to visit. There's lots of fun shops and things to see. And you're right about the aquarium, it's fabulous! I've been a handful of times and every time I go I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome time, Linds. Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great trip, so fun that Ty could go with you! Y'all are so cute, that is a great pic of you two and I love the pic of you sitting on the dock (and the first one of you too :)), beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun, the food you have been sampling makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so gorgeous in all your pics! Love the green scarf with your gorgeous hair!!

    I love love that chevron pattern on the sidewalks/streets. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you had fun!! :) Thought of y'all in the rain on Saturday. Of all weekends that had to happen. Truly happy you had fun, and come back and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We went into Baltimore the last time I went to visit the parents and was so surprised by how much there was to do. We also hit up Fells Point and I loved it. I could easily spend a day just trolling around there.

    You look so pretty! Love the green scarf with your fabulous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so fun! And the food looks/sounds amazing! So glad Ty got to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this made me really want to spend some time in Baltimore! my family lives only a couple hours away (maybe not even 2) but I've only ever been to BWI :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I visited that Baltimore aquarium when I was a kid and thought it was the coolest place ever. But now I'm totally craving seafood! Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok I have to ask b/c I've seen you wear that green scarf a couple of times now... where did you get that GORGEOUS thing?! (Please don't tell me is was a billion dollars either... I've been searching and can't find any that look that big that are reasonably priced)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...