|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, April 10

Greetings from Nashville

IMG_6171-1

Ty and I went on a recruitment trip/conference together this past week. I love that he is able to travel with me as an ambassador. He always does such a good job talking with prospective students and pre-med advisors.

Laura told me about Design Sponge's travel reviews and I will never go on a trip again without looking at her site. The post had so many great suggestions.

I wish we would have had more time to explore the city. We spent a lot of time around Vanderbilt and Ty shadowed one of our alumni, who now works at the Vanderbilt medical school. It is such a great campus and the surrounding neighborhoods are very fun.

IMG_6175

Took a walk on the pedestrian bridge to get a good view of downtown
IMG_6196

Dinner one night at the Tin Angel; Lobster & shrimp risotto with red & yellow tomatoes.


Dinner downtown at Jack's BBQ
IMG_6188

IMG_6189

IMG_6190

Belmont University campus
IMG_6194

We tried to go to lunch in East Nashville at I Dream of Weenie, a hot dog stand, but they had closed up early. Very cute set-up though!
i_dream_of_weenie

Instead we ate at Marche Artisan Foods and enjoyed homemade ice cream at the Pied Piper Creamery. The strawberry was oh so good!
nashville-pied-piper-creamery-newsat

Nashville is a very friendly city. And those accents. Oh, those accents. I wish I had a southern accent. I just loved it.

20 comments:

  1. Looks so fun!!! I have only driven through. I really, really want that risotto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...so glad you enjoyed your stay here in Nashville! :) We love it here, and great choice on Tin Angel! :) Next time, you'll have to try The Boundry!

    http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I've always wanted to visit but somehow still haven't been there. I'm making the hubs take me soon though. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute pics! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW FUN!!! It looks like you guys are had blast!! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! I have family there and we are going at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nashville is one of my favorite places EVER!!! Sooo fun!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't Nashville fun?? I was there in September and I'm itching to go back... there are so many fun things to do and see!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had an amazing trip. I love Nashville - and even hit up Jack's for bbq on day for lunch. If I remember correctly, Jack was there and was super friendly with everyone waiting in the uber-long line. Glad Ty was able to join!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love Nashville!
    It's such a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! Looks like fun! And your dinner looks delcious!!! So glad Ty was able to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great trip and you got to try some of our best restaurants!! Tin Angel is one of my top 2 date night faves...and Marche, oh Marche, didn't you just love it!! :)

    So glad you enjoyed our lovely little city!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Nashville! I used to live in Huntsville, AL, and even looked at going to school at Belmont! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss you:) Cant wait till wednesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you all had such fun. My brother-in-law goes to law school at Vanderbilt, but I've never been to the area. Definitely looks exciting and lots of stuff to do. Love the weenie stand. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've only been to Nashville once, but we ate bbq somewhere (Porkies?) and I remember it being really good!

    You guys are as always, just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looked and sounded like so much fun! I'd love to visit there too! Y'all are so cute! Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. trip looks like so much fun. great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wanted to visit but somehow still haven't been there. I'm making the hubs take me soon though. Great pictures..........

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so behind in blog reading!

    I adore Nashville. J went to Vandy for undergrad and I loved going to visit him. Not only was Vandy gorgeous, but the city of Nashville is so fun, so pretty, and SUPER friendly. What's not to love?

    Also, Design Sponge is amazing, isn't it? They recently did one for our city that we live in and I have had fun trying some new restaurants I had never heard of before. It'll be even better when I travel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...