|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, December 23

Merry Christmas

This is not the card that got sent out to all my family and friends. There were lots of last minute issues and I had to choose a different style. At least this one gets to make the blog. :)

Ty and I are heading home as soon as he gets off work today. We can't wait to celebrate Christmas with our families.

Every year Ty's mom labels all the Christmas presents in code names. She did this while her kids were growing up so no one would know which presents to shake and snoop in. In the past she has used reindeer names, names of ski slopes of the place we were travelling to after Christmas for vacation, etc. This year she informed us that she is using a Twilight theme! hahahahaha! I can't wait to see which character I am.

My family has its own tradition of yummy snack food on Christmas day. We always eat a ton of french fries with different dipping sauces. When my mom and I visited NYC this past spring we ate at Pommes Frites and got several ideas for new sauces. Everyone in my family has to bring a new sauce to try out. I can't wait to stuff myself silly.

Merry Christmas!!

18 comments:

  1. Secret names... sounds fun! Hope you have a safe trip and a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those traditions sound like so much fun. Love the french fry idea - sounds yummy. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the code names...think I'll try that next year

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of code names! I sometimes write something that alludes to the gift (like this year I wrote "To a good looking man" on a box with clothes for my husband, but have never thought about a code!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you too! you all look great in that photo!

    Also...I love the code name idea. I might use that one day when I'm wrapping gift for children of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys are such a cute lil fam!!! :) Hope you have a super duper holiday and a safe drive!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very cute card!!


    oh I meant to tell you- I changed my blog address, it is now www.themonogrammedprep.blogspot.com)

    Hope that wasn't to confusing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Secret names! That is amazing! I might have to start that next year, what a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas..Ho~Ho~Ho~

    -Jose's Diary-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by...love the blog!
    Enjoy the holidays - your family traditions sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peace to you and Ty, enjoy and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your dog is licking his face right when the picture was taken. Cute photo!!! Merry Christmas!!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Christmas photo! So cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a great idea for Christmas presents! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog. I left you something on mine

    ReplyDelete
  16. the christmas card is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...