|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, December 14

A tradition & a recipe

Ty gave me an ornament as part of my Christmas present when we were high school seniors. I guess he ran out of ideas for me because I also received a dachshund calendar that year. (I was not a huge dog fan at the time, even though I grew up with a doxie.)

Being a girl in love I started day dreaming that the ornament would end up on our Christmas tree one day. The next year I was determined to build up our future Christmas ornament supply, so I bought Ty an ornament. We are on year seven of our tradition.

I thought this little guy was perfect for Ty this year.
I usually make him wait until our Christmas to open the ornament, but we aren't exchanging any gifts this year. I wanted him to open it early, so we could hang it on the tree. I bought him a doctor ornament last year too. I think it would be cute to have a whole tree full of them. Maybe for his future office...

Now for an addicting, finger-lickin good recipe:
White Chocolate Covered Popcorn


This is soooo easy to make.
Ingredients:
1 bag of popcorn
3 squares of vanilla almond bark
little bit of Crisco
Directions:
1. Pop a bag of popcorn according to the directions on the bag.
2. Melt 3 squares of almond bark, plus a little bit of crisco (half a tsp-ish) in the microwave.
3. Pour popcorn into a gallon ziploc baggie; pour melted almond bark on top of the popcorn and shake.
Don't forget to seal your baggie. But if you do forget I hope you have a "Nuts" around to help you with clean-up.
There are several things you can make with the leftover bark, because really
Christmas season is not complete without almond bark.
*An update on W: They found out she fractured her skull in three places and fractured the bone around her eye. The swelling in her brain has gone down, but is still there and there is still some internal bleeding. Please continue to pray for her. (If you don't know what I am talking about you can read the end of the post below.)

17 comments:

  1. I love the ornament you bought for Ty and what a fun tradition!

    YUM... white chocolate popcorn!!! That sounds SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting ornaments for each other.

    This year we are starting to get them for our parents since we are taking more and more of our ornaments for our tree and they need some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would I do without your blog?

    I found the Christmas pieces at Wal-Mart. So cute! I also picked up a movie for a friend and have been trying to think of something cute to put with it. I think that gift dish with a bag of your homemade white chocolate popcorn would be fabulous! Thank you for all of the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ornament deal and you're killing me with all this delish looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat would a tree full of Doctor ornaments be?!? So cute! And that popcorn! Oh my! DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute ornament!!
    the popcorn sounds delicious!!! i love chocolate/pb popcorn! so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that tradition!! My family does the same thing, as long as I can remember. Each year we all get an ornament, usually that "means" something from that year. It's fun to look back on--and then we'll have more for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can;t believe that about W. Poor, poor thing. Yummy popcorn!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That popcorn sound delish! I'm planning on making it sometime soon!

    I can't believe how badly W is hurt-my thoughts are with her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum- The popcorn looks great!!

    I tagged you- go check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love ornaments! and that popcorn..oh my goodness.. i could eat gallons of it! I can eat anything with almond bark!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am praying, and such a cute ornament! :) The popcorn sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, white chocolate covered popcorn sounds amazing!

    Hi there, i entered a photo contest on Facebook and we're in 2nd place! I really need my blogging friends help to make it to 1st! Only two days left to vote and we can vote once a day.

    Can you help us? Use the link to vote for Christmas Cookies submitted by Melissa Gill...

    http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/13594/voteable_entries

    Thank you so so much

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awful for W! Thank goodness for women's intuition about things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that ornament is so cute!! i love that tradition! a whole tree of little dr ornaments would be adorable.

    I'll be praying for W.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...