|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, December 13

Weekend Recap & Turtle Pretzels

Now that we are down to the 12 days of Christmas, baking, presents, parties, etc. have taken over our lives. I love it!

I have decided that I am going to share the recipes of all the goodies that I am making this Christmas season. I love to discover new things via the blog world and I hope you all do too.

Making Turtle Pretzels; recipe found here. It is pretzels, rolos, and almonds. A must try.

Ty and I are part of Sharing and Caring at our church. Interested couples/families/singles are assigned to a group of about 8 that get together once a month for dinner. It is a great way to get to know people that you might not interact with on a regular basis. The groups change every so often. Today was our first get together for our new group. We had such a good time visiting with people and eating a delish meal.

A couple of hours later we headed to our Sunday School class party. A woman in our group was very concerned about another woman, W, who had disappeared from the dinner. No one had seen her for at least 20 minutes. The rest of our group just thought that she had taken a phone call and had gone somewhere else to talk. W is a nurse practitioner and works in a NICU. I guess everyone assumed she had gotten a phone call from work. Well, thankfully M was really concerned about W missing. M and her husband started searching the church building and finally found her lying at the bottom of a dark staircase. Our church has several wings and most of the lights were off expect for where we were meeting.

Ty and two nurses in our group rushed to help her and called 911. It was a horrible accident and she is in a medically induced coma. Hopefully, we will have good news in the morning. Please keep W in your prayers. She is a single mother and has a 3 yr. old little girl.


Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I can not believe what happened at your Christmas party. Poor W!!! I will pray. That is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made those turtles yesterday except I used pecan halves or m&ms on the top. My boys love them. I will pray for the recovery of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awful, I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope she will be OK; let us know.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feeling of Christmas!! :-) I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! That is so scary - I hope she is ok soon.

    P.S. I've had those turtle pretzels before and they are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lindsey, that is terrible. I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that lady recovers quickly! I will say a prayer for her.

    She's so lucky to have friends like you. I hate to think what would have happened if nobody went looking for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so scary! Please keep us posted...I'll be praying for her recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's horrible! I really hope she's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how horrible, i'm keeping her in my prayers. i hope she recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lady on staff at my church must go to your church. She told that exact story today and we put her on our prayer list. I heard she is a single mother of a 4 year old? How TERRIBLE. Keep us updated.

    ~kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please keep us updated on you group member! She is in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is terrible! I am so sorry that happened, and I will definitely keep praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Turtle Pretzels sound delish. I think I might have to add them to the list of holiday treats I want to make.

    I really hope your friend from church will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww, good thing your man was there! but of course, shell be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so good that people followed their intuition and found that woman. I hope everything turns out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the lady from your church is okay!

    Those turtle pretzels...oh.my.gosh.I.want.one.right.now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness~ I'm so sorry about your friend W. I'm so so so glad the other lady felt called to look for her. I'll say a prayer for her.

    I'm a little emotional about this stuff tonight b/c my Grandpaw was just rushed to the ER today. I'll probably post about it tomorrow. It's all so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a post about these yummies somewhere! That is terrible about W! I hope she is okay :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my goodness, that is terrible! I will definitely pray for her!

    those turtle pretzels sound sooo yummy=)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for sharing the recipe! I actually made some of these turtles tonight :) I posted about it on my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...