|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, January 29

Ice Storm 2010

We had been hearing about this big storm that was going to hit all week. Well, it is finally here.
I became sick with a cold on Wednesday and called in sick yesterday. Our school/work closed on Thursday at noon and is closed today. It is not much fun to be sick while work is closed. :(

At least we still have power! My parents and Ty's parents are in the complete opposite corner of the state and are out of power. Ty's mom has been sending us pictures of their fallen trees. It is so sad and reminds me of our 2007 ice storm.
Pics from my MIL


Whenever I am stuck at home everything revolves around food. I made Megan's mom's potato soup yesterday. Yummy! We ordered the new Domino's Pizza for dinner and Ty braved the roads to go pick it up. His jeep handles really well on the ice and it wasn't too bad out there at this time. It was good pizza! The crust tastes just like breadsticks. Of course, I have consumed my weight in chocolate chip cookies and girl scout cookies.

I am obviously not one of those people who lose their appetite when they are sick.
I have a busy schedule today of reading the Feb. issue of Southern Living, watching Julie&Julia, painting my nails, researching vacation spots. It is a rough life. Now the power lines better cooperate!

12 comments:

  1. We are getting ready to brace for it over here in Virgnia... I have to go out tonight to go stock up on some food and fire wood!

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the power lines stay up for you! It sucks when the electrics out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried the new Dominos pizza last week. I thought it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Stay warm... I really hope your power doesn't go out. I would freak... and so would my children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love Domino's new pizza?! It is my new favorite besides Hideaway, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice is just TERRIBLE!!!! Hope you enjoyed the soup! I also hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the new Domino's Pizza really taste any different?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's snowing here! And I have a busy schedule too :) Blogging, Project Runway, and the new DIY magazine :)

    We are planning to try that new Domino's Pizza too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, sounds like the perfect day! (Apart from the weather obviously...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a jeep! This snow is freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... what a pretty snow picture. I wish it would snow here!

    Megan's mom's potato soup recipe sounds so good. I've wanted to make it ever since she blogged about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had potato soup yesterday too. But I cheated and bought it. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...