|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, January 31

Snowy Weekend Recap

While I would be content with not going back to work tomorrow, part of me is happy for the excuse to leave the house. I began to develop cabin fever pretty bad on Friday. We got out of the house for a few minutes.

A cherry limeade makes everything better.

There were several crazies on the road, so we didn't stay out long.

Poor Nuts, the snow was so high Friday night that he just had to wade through it.



This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning.
I think we need to tear these down. I have given Nuts some stern talks about staying away
from the side of the house.


A big bowl of snow for snow icecream!
I think we need to invest in some snow boots for Ty.
Attempting to get Nuts to follow me.

We got out and about on Saturday afternoon. The sun had been shining all day and the roads were wet, but not frozen. We headed to Wal-Mart to spend some Christmas giftcards.

Sunday school was cancelled, but we did have church. The roads were much worse than on Saturday. No sunshine today. I'm just thankful that we never lost power. My parents, siblings and Ty's parents and brother have been without power for days now.

Food cooked and consumed:

The all new Domino's pizza. The crust is to die for. I am craving it right now.

Potato Soup

Chipotle Chocolate Chili

Snow Ice Cream

100 lbs. of homeade chocolate chip cookies and girl scout cookies

Ty and I had a few relaxing snowed in days, and I am probably 10 lbs. heavier. Time for the real world.

Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. Love the pics!!! I still can't believe all the snow we got!! I want to make some snow ice cream and I ened to check out that chili recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patio table looks like one of those cookies with the marshmallow on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you made the best of a snowy winter day. We are freezing here too with lots of snow in MA. Spring couldn't come any sooner!
    ~jamilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those icicles are like killer daggers! Dang, they're long!! Your snow is very pretty though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Nuts! I have a Dachshund too and he doesn't quite know what to think of the snow and ice either... Especially when it touches his belly! My family got "Just Dance" for Christmas for my little sister... it really is a fun game! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my! That is a lot of snow! Poor Nuts. I can't believe the snow on the table..it looks so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is this snow ice cream everybody is talking about? You would think I would know since I'm from Michigan.

    Love Ty's boots. I got a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed out loud at the "snow boots!" How did I miss that Girl Scout cookies were here? Must.Go.Find.Some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the snow is beautiful.. i havent seen it in person in 5 years now.. i miss it! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your snow pictures. You should absolutely knock down those icicles before you gutters fall down like ours did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics!! We had a very similar weekend here and I feel like I've gained a ton of weight too - but all worth it!

    We are also SO thankful we didn't lose power! I hope the power returns for your family soon! It's so cold out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been snowing here too! I've LOVED it :)
    I will definitely be stuck here again tomorrow. But now you've gotten me in the mood for chocolate chip cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our snow weekend hasn't been good for me. I have consumed SO many bad foods! I love all the pics of Nuts in the snow. He looks so little!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! After living in Maryland and Virginia for years and seeing almost NO snow, we recently moved up to Pennsylvania...only to find that it's suddenly snowing everyone else non-stop! I miss the snow...and those icicles are oh-so-pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't "Just Dance" so much fun???

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that pic of you in the snow, so pretty!! Ooh Hubby keeps talking about the new Domino's pizza, we've been meaning to try it! It is too fun to eat goodies and bake a ton when it snows! =) Neither of us have snow boots either, if it keeps snowing like it has been, we really need to get some, but Ty had a great idea for now ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need some real snow boots as well. I was trekking the snow with moccasins which as it turns out did not work that well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How have I never heard of snow ice cream?! What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a great weekend. I have yet to try a cherry limeade from sonic, but have heard all about it. I make homemade cherry limeade. Tell me about this snow ice cream. I am sure my boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These pictures are SO cute!! Poor little puppy! I love those "snow boots" on your husband. How did the snow cream turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks like tons of snow you got! and looks like tons of fun as well. very cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pics! Very pretty! We have been enjoying a gorgeous snow as well! I am beyond jealous of your Limeade!! The only sonic around here is an hour away!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! You'll have to let us know how the Dance Game for Wii is! I've been eyeing it up for the last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...