|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, January 24

Weekend Recap

Friday Ty and I headed to Wal-Mart to find a couple of Wii games. No such luck. They had been picked over. So instead we picked up a movie from Redbox. I have to say The Hangover was even more funny the second time around.


Saturday I have been wanting a comfy, curl up and read a book chair for our living room. I was perusing Craigslist and came across a listing for a furniture auction. I was intrigued and tried to get Ty to come with me, but he is lame and was studying. I had no idea what to expect from this place. It was a huge warehouse filled with gorgeous furniture. They auctioned off everything piece by piece.

I love the simplicity of this couch and the nail head trim.
I found this amazing living room group and fell in love with the club chair. It was really comfy and the most supple leather I have ever felt on furniture. I was incredibly nervous when it came time to bid. I had been watching people bid for the last hour, but I was nervous I was going to commit a big auction faux pas. It turns out it didn't matter, because the bidding went out of my price range.
I didn't get a picture of the chair, but I found this picture of the
whole group on the auction website.
Sunday We had our Sharing&Caring group from church over for lunch. It is hard to cook for a group following church services. I didn't want them to be waiting around forever for the food. I ended up serving a cheese, cracker & grapes tray, pork chops, roasted potatoes, green beans, salad, bread and chocolate chip cookies. Turns out I have no idea how to cook for more than 2-3 people. I have a ton of leftovers!
(I thought I had posted the pork chop recipe on here, but I couldn't find it to link to this post. I will have to post it later this week.)

10 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the Hangover again. It was seriously the funniest movie in 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those big curl-up chairs! They make a cozy day just perfect. I hope you find one soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a new couch like the one in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That furniture is gorgeous!

    I've never been to an auction but I think that would have been fun just to see it happen in person (as opposed to on TV).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the furniture!! I would be SO scared at an auction haha. I feel like I'd have to yell so loud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for a new chair, I hope to get one when we move into a house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous pieces! and i looove hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so would have gone with you! I'm in desperate need of a coffee table- if fact the one in your picture is one I found on the internet that I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I wish you could have won! Are you free to do lunch next week?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to any kind of auction. I imagine it would be fun, but kind of scary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...