|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, June 21

Just Peachy

I spent the past week in Atlanta for a work trip. It was a long week and while a lot of things went wrong, it was a good trip. My boss and I were supposed to leave Tuesday morning at 7 and arrive in ATL at noon. Instead, our flight was canceled and we were put on the 11 a.m. flight, arriving in ATL at 5. Then there were a couple of big thunderstorms and we ended up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We sat on the plane for hours before we were allowed off and then drove to ATL and got to a hotel at midnight. Needless, to say this put quite a kink in things and dramatically shortened our side trip to Savannah.

At least we were still able to make a quick trip there. It was gorgeous! I would love to go back and visit Charleston as well.
ga-1005-savannah-ga

Love that spanish moss
IMG_4527

IMG_4525

We had a yummy lunch at the Olde Pink House.
the olde pink house
I had oysters, a crab cake, and fried shrimp with homemade potato chips and fries.

We went on a 90 minute trolley tour and got to see so much of the historic district. Most of these pictures were taken from the trolley.
IMG_4534

love these bright orange chairs
IMG_4544

I wish I would have taken more pictures while I was on the trolley. I took a lot of pictures of the trees. I loved the romantic feel of the spanish moss hanging from them.

After the trolley tour, we headed to Broughton Street for some shopping. I love stores that I can walk into and just want to stay there forever. I wish I could remember the name of this store, something like CDM Designs.

IMG_4549

IMG_4552

We went to Tybee Island to dip our toes in the water.
IMG_4553copy

IMG_4559

My camera was on a weird setting, but I love the distortion of the water in this pic.IMG_4563

After the quick jaunt to Savannah, it was time for work in Atlanta. Well, it was time for work after a stop at Ballard's Backroom in Atlanta. I wished I lived within close driving distance of this place. They had some good deals on furniture. I just love getting their catalog in the mail.
IMG_4568

Ty flew in Thursday evening. It is so nice to have him at recruitment events. He does such a good job and talked for four hours straight at the school fair.

There was a wine tasting reception at the conference and we had such a good time sampling.
We don't drink very often, so we love sampling different types of wine.
My favorite from the evening was Polka Dot. The best part is when I looked it up to find a picture it seems like it is around $10 a bottle.

85840


IMG_4570

IMG_4573

On Friday Ty and I had enough time to explore Centennial Park and the World of Coke.IMG_4600

IMG_4574

IMG_4576

IMG_4578

The best part about the tour was the tasting room. They had coke products from all over the world to sample.

IMG_4581

My favorite was from Korea.
IMG_4583

IMG_4593

Second favorite--Crush Lemon
IMG_4585

IMG_4589

Coke bottles designed for fashion week 2009
IMG_4590

Missoni coke bottle
IMG_4592

We split a hot dog from a street vendor. The pickle was delish on the dog. :)
IMG_4602

pretty building
IMG_4607

Stopped by the CNN store to see Larry and Anderson.
IMG_4605

IMG_4604

My sweet husband makes traveling so much more fun. He gets excited about the littlest things and loves to explore airports. I'm so glad he is a good student ambassador and he had a chance to take a few days off of his rotation to come with me.

31 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip, aside from the initial trouble. I've never been to Savannah - from your pictures it looks just as beautiful as I've heard. I'm so jealous of the Ballard Backroom! I love Ballard. We have a store in Tampa, but I've never heard of Backroom. I'm off to search the internet to see if there's one anywhere near me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, looks like you guys had a great time (once you finally got there)! And I love the pic of you and Anderson. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog! Now I wanna go to to that Ballard backroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww love these pictures! So glad you loved Savannah!! Its my hometown & I am so glad you had fun there!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drink Polka Dot Riesling ALL of the time- it so fruity and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a good trip! Let me know if you're ever in Savannah again and I'll show you around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you guys had SO MUCH FUN!!!
    i am loving all the photos!
    i want to go to ballard backroom!!
    the hotdog looks delish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, are we long lost sisters???? I have been DYING to go to Savannah my whole life!!! I am so jealous! AND Polka Dot Riesling is one of my favorites. Also, very cheap, but really good if you like sweet white wines is Barefoot's Muscat wine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Atlanta! I used to live there and it's such a fun city! Glad you had fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! Savannah is so pretty and I LOVE Tybee Island! My Aunt and Uncle have a condo there and its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great time. Love that sunset pic!

    PS- I also love Anderson Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you all had a great time. I am glad you went to the Coke factory, now you all will have more to discuss with Jesse next time you see us. Oh and that furniture/home decorating store looks awesome! I could probably spend all day in there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been to Savannah a few times and never heard of The Olde Pink House..we will have to try it! Did you go to the French Market Store..I don't think that is the actual name..but you would LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you got to see Savannah! It is one of my all time favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun! Savannah is really charming, makes you not want to leave!

    I'd love to go back to Atlanta and visit the coke museum. I've heard from several friends that it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. See that picture of the Atlanta skyline? I work in that building! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun!!! I love the Atlanta and Savannah area!!! And I have heard great things about Charleston! Loved all the pictures! Oh, and I've always wanted to do the coke tour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like yall had a great time. So wish I was in town!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like so much fun! The pictures are beautiful! I need to come see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a great trip despite the travel delays...I would have loved the Coke tour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stumbled across your blog and Oh how I LOOOVVVEEEE Savannah! Plus the coke tasting must have been amazing. Glad you had a good trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Coke store looks awesome! I'd love to try all the other drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Olde Pink house! Their crab bisque was tdf! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aweee...this makes me totally homesick, but in a good way! I am sorry you had such a tough travel time, but I am glad you got to spend some time in my original home state and city!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Atlanta! And, I love your coral dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i JUST bought a bottle of polka dot!!! it is soo good. your pictures are beautiful!! looks like a great time =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun trip! Except for the rough start it looks like ya'll had a wonderful time!

    We may have been in Savannah at the same time! We definitely visited some of the same places.

    I'm so jealous you got to go to Ballard's backroom! I love their stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  28. your pictures are amazing, i would love to travel to georgia someday. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm in love with that black and white chair and everything else at the first furniture store you showed!

    How sweet that you get to spend time with the hubby on a business trip-it looks like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What great pics! Looks like a faabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...