|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, June 7

latest book obsession

Twenties_Girl_A_Novel-123980713849815
I love Sophie Kinsella and this book was no exception. It was a great, light read, however it is not my current obsession.

This is my current obsession--The House of Night novels.

house of night


They are young adult books, but oh so good. And like every good young adult book based on vampires. These books were written by a fellow Oklahoman and the characters live in Oklahoma. It is so neat to read about places I have actually been. This must be how big city girls feel! haha. I must warn you though these books are a little more adult than the Twilight series, even though they are young adult books.

I bought the first four books in a boxed set from Amazon.  (which is actually much cheaper than buying them separately) I am on the fourth book and can't stop reading. I love series!



Has anyone else read the House of Night novels?

13 comments:

  1. O! I have been needing beach recs! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations - will definitely need to check that series out since I finished all the Sookie Stackhouse books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read them all! I really liked them at first by am currently irritated with the main character. I just roll my eyes at her issues with boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great book! I love Sophie Kinsella and that book was one of her best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you posted this! I just ordered Twenties Girl book on CD from the library (a must-have for my new 20+ minuute commute).

    I am currently "reading" Meg Cabot's books. They are really cute...she does adult and young adults (though I am totally a teeny bopper at heart). If you haven't read them, they are all really good. Definitely start with the Queen of Babble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recommendation! I'll add them to my list since I've been missing my teen, vampire drama! Do you think they're better than the Twilight series? I got tired of Bella's guy issues.. I'm not a True Blood watcher and I've heard mixed reviews on the Sookie Stackhouse series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure that they are better than Twilight, but they are pretty close. This main character has some guy problems too--of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read 20s Girl in like 2 days. LOVED it!

    Now I've gotta check out this other series...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Twenties Girl on audiobook. At first I wasn't too into it, but soon enough I was on board!

    I've GOT to check out these OK vamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading Sophia Kinsella's books. I actually think they are having a new shopaholic one come out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering if Twenties Girl and her books were good! I'll have to add it to my crazy growing list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've added them all to my list-thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have that Kinsella book but have been putting off reading it. Maybe I will give it a try now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...