|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, May 12

My Daily Plate

I will be doing day 4 of the 30 Day Shred tonight. I'm loving this workout video. I've always loved workout videos and this one is at the top of my list. I'm sure a lot of you have been reading about it on a ton of other blogs. Isn't it funny how an item can spread like wild fire in the blog world??
It's only a 20 minute video which I love. It covers cardio, abs, and weights. I really need to tone up and think this combination is going to do it. Ty has been telling me to do a combo like this for years--did I listen to him, NO.


I've also started to count my calories. I don't want to lose a lot of weight, but I would like to drop a few pounds. Besides that I really need to realize that I can't keep eating like I used to. I need to establish better eating habits. I think that counting calories is a good way to realize what all I am putting into my body. I'm horrible at diets--not that I have ever really tried. My parents did atkins for a while. I was home from college for a break and decided to give it a try. I didn't even last one day. It was really ridiculous! The only real dessert I could have was jello and whip cream. I probably ate 10 of those jello cups by the end of the day! By counting calories I still get to eat what I want, just not as much as I would normally eat. There are all kinds of free calorie counters online. I'm using The Daily Plate on the livestrong.com website.

Hopefully, I can keep up with this for longer than a day! :)
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. The Shred has spread like wildfire! I lost track of what day we are on but I really like it! I need to get better about watching my calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are smart to do a calorie count instead of something like Adkins. It's healthier for you and makes more sense. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're enjoying "The Daily Plate", too. It's been so helpful. It's amazing how many hidden calories are in certain foods. I'm going to look for The Shred next time I'm close to a Target or Wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything in moderation is definitely the way forward! Ruling certain foods out of your diet only makes you want them more!

    Good luck with it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go...I am also horrible about diets but counting calories is very intersting and not really a "diet".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love thedailyplate.com and I did my Shred video this morning!!!! Go us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend let my family and I borrow about 15 exercise videos, we have done bollywood, belly dancing, (lol) crunch, and salsa, they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you posted about this!! As I was reading I was thinking I needed to find a good calorie counter and then you posted one! Awesome :)

    So glad you like the Shred! I've been trying my best to keep it going - easier said than done when you are out of town every wkend!! I have started mixing it with some extra cardio (elliptical) to try to drop the lb's faster...or kill myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link! I've been trying to count calories too, it really makes me understand what I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great link!! I just registered and I'm such an organizer that I LOVE things like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started doing the Shred last night. Love it!! I like that they combine cardio, strength and abs as well. I'm also working on eating better - more veggies and fruit and less processed things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to check out The Shred...I need to tighten up the last of the baby weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am doing the 30 day shred too and I have been sore, but I have been doing other things too! Just found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am doing the shred I would love to say I love it but I hate every minute I am just glad its 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh. I hate it when people post about new workouts or diets. It makes me feel like such a lard hiney!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah for working out and just watching what you eat.. you are teeny tiny and dont need to lsoe weight tho.. in my opinion.. but i think it is good you are wanting to eat healthy etc;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck! I broke down and bought the shred today, too. I'm doing all I can before summer starts. I always seem to be doing this at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have it and now just need to do it. After looking in the mirror tonight, I found my motivation... :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate counting calories!!! :( Let me know how the shred goes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...