|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, June 11

Grilled Salmon Recipe

I'm not a big salmon person, but Ty likes to order it at restaurants and requested that I buy some at the grocery store. I started searching for a good recipe and came across this one from the Food Network.
Grilled Salmon with Ponzu Sauce

{obvs, this is not my picture, but the one from their website.}

Ingredients:
Cooking spray
6 (5-ounce) salmon steaks
Salt and ground black pepper
2 cups fresh green beans
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 clove garlic
Cellophane noodles, as an accompaniment

Directions:
Coat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
Season both sides of salmon with salt and black pepper. Grill salmon steaks 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Arrange green beans on grill alongside salmon. Grill 10 minutes, until crisp-tender, turning frequently.
Meanwhile, in a blender, combine remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Serve 4 of the salmon steaks with green beans on the side and ponzu sauce drizzled over top. Reserve remaining salmon steaks for another recipe. Serve with cellophane noodles.

I halfed everything in the recipe and did not serve the salmon with the noodles. It was pretty tasty! I have a lot of sauce leftover and think I will try it on some chicken.


Nuts helped me work from home yesterday.


It would be so nice to work from home a couple of days a week, but unfortunately this was just a one time thing. It's back to work today!
Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. HA! That is such a cute picture of Nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously inspire me!! Last time I fixed salmon do you know what 'sauce' I used on it? Butter. Plain ole butter. Ty is a lucky man! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just had to delete my comment twice bc it kept putting words out of order! haha

    peanut is so cute! and YUMMIE! I love salmon and that sauce sounds good! reasors has good wild salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea that is really quite a recipe you have there. Once I saw all the ingredients I was like nope. :)

    Nuts looks so serious. I love it. Makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! We love salmon! I might have to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that salmon looks so good, im not the biggest fan of salmon but i would definately try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nuts looks very comfortable!

    Thank you for another delicious recipe. We tried the "inside out" burgers on Memorial Day weekend that you wrote about and they were a smash hit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AW! Nuts looks like a very adorable helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fish-eater, but the sauce sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two super easy, fast salmon recipes that will knowck your socks off, let me know if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm a huge fan of fish!!

    this looks greatttt!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a cute picture and the recipe sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum... this recipe looks so good. I bet the sauce will be great on chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...