|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, November 17

Adorable Apron

My bff, Chesley and I have been working on this project for a long time. She wanted to make an apron for her neice. She is turning 2 in a week and loves playing in her play kitchen. It is the perfect gift! We bought the fabric in September and cut everything out that weekend. This weekend we finally started sewing and put the pieces together.
Nuts is supervising us.
Sewing is all about trial and error!

Got it right!

Sewing is so much easier when you have someone to do the cutting and ironing. (My least favorite parts of sewing!) Chesley did a great job with these tasks! I did teach her something--how to sew on a button. She brought over her coat for me to fix. I hadn't sewn in so long. It took me awhile to get back into the groove of things. I used the seam ripper a LOT! I think Chesley was scared of me at one point.

Very cute, but still needs something else....
Ruffles!!






The toile fabric came from Hancock's Fabric. I love it! It is adorable and perfect for a little girl. The polka dot fabric came from HobLob. I can't wait to see pictures of it on little Julia.

26 comments:

  1. I love it! How fun! I'm a big fan of both toile and pink and brown. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is adorable :) I wish I could be more crafty like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I love that apron, I love pink and brown together. Whenever I see projects like yours, I wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are you guys...
    This is way to cute..
    I love the material and the ribbon... to cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That's adorable! I actually have two little nieces who are 2 1/2 and I wanted to make them aprons for Christmas! I'd love to know if you used a pattern or just kind of did it on your own. Ya'll did a GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! You are so crafty! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out great! I love the ruffles - the more the merrier. :) Horray for finally getting that thing done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sad our apron sewing parties had to end............I guess we are on to our next project! I will send pics whenever little Julia gets her present! I talked to my sister last night and she said Julia was playing in the sink like she was doing dishes and she got soo wet she is just going to love our gift! I will tell her its from her aunt lindsey too! I am glad you posted pics of me at my prime! :) Love your, PIC

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo sweet! She will just love it I know, and so creative at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That apron is too cute! You girls are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. o gosh i LOVE that!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE making aprons!! i have entered some in to the fair before. i really need to head over to hancocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Way too cute! I love it! If only I could sew a button...

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is too cute! i love it! you girls are so creative. it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How Cute! Love that is brown and pink too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am horrible at sewing. ya'll did great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That apron is precious!! If that isn't motivation for me to learn how to sew, I don't know what is! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute cute I love aprons and its pink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I'm so impressed! I could have used ya'lls help with my dress/apron that's seriously badly hemmed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness!! How fabulous!!
    You go girl!! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is probably the cutest little apron that I've ever seen. I would've made an extra in hopes that I'd have a child one day that I could give it to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is adorable! Lillian needs one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job!! Isn't crafting with friends so much fun????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...