|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, November 7

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Tomorrow is my 24th birthday! I haven't been this excited since...well since my last birthday.
Last year was a great birthday. My boss gave me the day off. Sephora held a private, VIP event for me. Okay, it wasn't just for me. But that sounded good right??? They did hold a VIP night on the night that just happened to be my birthday. My mom and I went to the mall and shopped like crazy. After spending all my birthday money we got in line at Sephora for the VIP event. The first 75 people in line that RSVP'ed got a gift bag with free samples and a $25 gift card. It was GREAT! The gift bag was actually a really cute black tote with silver sequins on the handles. I carry it all the time. They also had hor d'oeuvres and champagne.

This year for my birthday Sephora is holding another VIP event. Its not quite as good as last years. It is in the morning before the mall opens and there are no gift cards. But it still might be a fun event. And its on my birthday!
I'm also very excited for this birthday, because Ty and I will both be home all weekend. October was a crazy month for us with all of my travelling and his million tests. But this weekend will be about relaxation and my birthday! (I'm sure he will still study all day Saturday.) Although this might be my first birthday without seeing my parents. :( I guess I have to grow up sometime!

I've always wanted a topsy turvy cake. I think they are so FUN! I love cakes. I am making my own b-day cake this year. I bought some really cute fall cupcake cups and I want to use them. What better excuse than to use them for my b-day? I called my nanny for her buttercream icing recipe. She makes the best cakes. I hope my cupcakes are yummy!
I love the flowers on the top of this cake.

I realize this isn't a birthday cake, but isn't it fun!?!


I just love these topsy turvy cakes!

This one is so pretty!

This is the cake I had made for my sister's bridal shower. I just love the bow.

19 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Have a fantastic day. Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the spa lady one is definitely a birthday cake. I would use it for mine if I knew someone who could make it! :)
    Happy Birthday! Good luck with the buttercream icing. Remember your goal for the 24th year of your life!! ;)

    Okay...maybe MY goal for your 24th year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Happy Birthday!!! You do whatever you want because it is YOUR day!!! Celebrate with a special cake...hope it turns out and remember to snap a picture! I love all those cakes, I am jealous

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BRITHDAY!! I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow. The cakes are amamzing! And I hope your cupcakes are super delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Love the cakes and love the spa one, so cute, and colorful and fun! Last year sounded awesome, here's to a great b-day for you this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you. I found your blog from a comment on the Bee blog. My birthday is tomorrow too. Aren't we just special! Have a wonderful day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you made that cake!?! you go girl! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cakes are spectacular! Happy Birthday! Enjoy a wonderful weekend! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! You are 10 years younger than me. Ack! When did I get old? :(

    Love those cakes! There's a really good bakery in town that makes those. I think they are fun!

    That black tote with sequined handles sounds so cute!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful birthday!!! Glad you have a weekend lined up with fun and relaxation.

    I LOVE topsy turvy cakes too - I miss cable, because Ace of Cakes and wedding cake competitions were some of my favorite to watch. People are so creative.

    Hope you have some yummy awesome cake - Happy 24!!! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day! Good luck with the cake... I cant wait to see pictures of it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved that cake. To bad that bow didn't taste as good as it looked!

    Have a great birthday! Enjoy your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linds-Happy Birthday! I can't believe you made that cake on the bottom. How'd you manage that? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You made that cake? I'm impressed! I always make messes when I try to make cakes. I want to take a class, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Happy Birthday! And, make your husband play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDESY!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHAY DAY TO YOU!!!!!! those cakes were amazing, and did you say you made that cake on the bottom?? IT IS BE-U-TI-FUL!!!! i am actually taking a cake decorating class, next moday, from my sisters friends mom and i am VERY excited! can you give me any pointers??? by the way your blog is my VERY VERY favorite to look at!! your style is almost just like mine!! i can't wait until i have a house of my own to decorate!!!
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to you!!! What beautiful cakes!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have a great day and enjoy the weekend. Having a birthday is fun because you get to enjoy it longer! I hope Ty bought you a sweet gift...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...