|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, November 25

Happy Turkey Day!

I am very lucky to have today off! Ty only has class until noon, so I was going to go in for 1/2 a day, but my boss was like, "why don't you take the whole day?". I said OK! Have I mentioned how great my job is?? I am going to spend my morning baking this for Thanksgiving.

Then Ty and I are headed to his grandparents for Thanksgiving. (We rotate Thanksgivings between my grandparents and his.) It is about a 4 hour drive. No fun, but I guess it could be worse. I will be missing Black Friday shopping with my mom and aunt. They have been waking up before the crack of dawn to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving since I was really little. I started going with them a couple of years ago. It is so much fun. I will be browsing the ads and making a list of things for my mom to pick up for me. There aren't any good shops around Ty's grandparents house. We will literally be in the middle of nowhere! But I am very excited to spend time with his family. He doesn't see them much anymore due to medical school, so it will be really good for him. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

AWARDS, I have a few awards I need to get caught up on.

Thanks, Downtown Southern for this great award!

The Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:~ inspires you~ makes you smile and laugh~ or maybe gives amazing information~ a great read~ has an amazing design~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!
The rules of this award are:
* Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.

I think every blog that I read has received this award, so I will only be passing it onto one blog:

Love Lace--she is one of my good friends from college and just started her blog. Go welcome her to blogging!

The award says: "This blog invests and believes in 'proximity' (meaning, that blogging makes us 'close'-being close through proxy)." Thanks Newlywed Stilletos what a sweet award!
I am passing this onto:
Tales of the Trees: I love reading her blog! We have actually been at the same event on the same day before and realized it later when we were reading each others blogs. Plus we both work at universities!
Pleasant Drive: She is such a sweet girl. We discovered each others blogs through a mutual friend. I'm so glad I did!
Elefantitas Alegres: Kate and I share a love for clothes and shoes. She is always tempting me with something great to buy!
Bama Belle in the Big City: She always has a fun story to tell. I love reading her blog!
Okay, I could go on forever here so I am making myself stop. I just read so many great blogs and I love them all!

Thanks, Brown Eyed Girl & her Beau

I love reading all of these blogs and so many more. I am very THANKFUL for all of you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! It's very quiet around here today. I kinda like it that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awards and thank you so much for mine! I actually left you an award on my blog yesterday also! Great minds think alike! I hope you and Ty have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you work at a University.. I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for thinking of me, but i actually use my personal email with my ebates account. oh well, thanks for thinking of me and enjoy ebates - i LOVE it!!!!

    hapyp thanksgiving to you and your family! :) PLD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great Thankgiving!! Great job on all the blog awards!! Yeah for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest, I think that's quite the arrangement. You get to pick out what you want without having to deal with all the crowds. Granted, it's not the same...but much more relaxing for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SOOOO crazy!!! I bet you and Evs' fam have lots of Miami friends in common! I've spent the past 3 Thanksgivings there and, while not much to do, I love catching up with his crazy relatives - you never know what will be said!!!

    You should definitely check out the wineries - we were very pleased with Springhill - and I want to visit the other 3 next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my husband was looking at this posting last night, begging me to make the fall cake!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...