|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, December 1

Can't I have one more day off??

I had 3 days off for Thanksgiving break which meant 5 days without working. Is it bad that I would like one more day at home?? :)
Ty and I had a great Thanksgiving. We spent it at his grandparents house this year. He is one of 4 children. Everyone made it to his grandparents house except for his brother, because he and his wife, Sarah, just had a baby and it was their year with her parents. We missed them! Our rotations are opposite of them. We really need to get on the same year. Ty's oldest sister, Amy, and her family all ended up getting sick while we were at the grandparents house. We all felt so bad for them. It was a pretty quiet Thanksgiving with the little ones sick.
We played lots of games. I love card games, domino games, board games--you name it, I love it. Ty's grandparents have a game called Wahoo. It is so much fun. I just need to throw in here that the girls {Heather (Ty's little sis) and I} won. We were playing Ty and Jesse. Heather's fiance, Jesse, was at Thanksgiving this year too. They are such a cute couple.

Late Thursday night we headed to our hometown to stay at Ty's parents house. The next day, Sarah and the new baby came over for lunch. Ty and I were so excited to see him. He is so cute!

We headed home Friday night and went to sleep early. I woke up about 1 a.m. with the stomach virus that had plagued Amy, Brent, Lillian and Lucas. It was awful! I thought I was in the clear because I felt so good on Friday. No such luck. I was sick all night and the next day. I spent all day Saturday in bed. I had to miss out on going to Stilly for Bedlam. Ty had a ticket and I was just going to spend time with my cousin, Tara and her baby. At least Ty hasn't gotten sick! I think he is the clear. Let's hope so, because finals start Friday! Besides the getting sick part it was a great Thanksgiving!

16 comments:

  1. You look like a natural with that baby boy! :)

    Ugh...a virus is the worst!! Good thing you were already home from work and did not have to take additional sick leave!! Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving other than the sickness! Hope you're back to 100% now!

    I am a game fanatic as well, and I never got to play as much growing up since I was an only child. I'm sure that was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby is sooo cute. I wish I could hold him all day long! :) And I agree with Mrs. Stilettos - you look like a natural with him. That means have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you got so sick this weekend, that really stinks! I totally think you deserve another day off!! The good thing is Christmas break is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so sorry you got a stomach bug. NO fun!

    I also had five days off and it was SO hard to come in to work this morning. I needed at least one more to recover from such a big weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such cute pictures! glad you had a good break. sorry you got in on that stomach bug. yuck :( but i totally agree...can't we have one more day off???

    and oh, that game on saturday was AWESOME! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cruddy way to end your long weekend! Hopefully you're feeling better today.

    At least you had a good holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the bug is going around...it is all over this area as well. Children were throwing up left and right this Thanksgiving :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are not alone in wanting that extra day off, my friend! i would have given up 5 pairs of shoes to stay in bed this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better!

    And can I just say that ya'll are going to make some kind of cute parents one day!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving Holiday, and I'm with you...I had off three days, and I didn't want to go back to work today! I just want to be back in college and have off for a whole month.

    And I agree, definitely a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're feeling better!

    Check my blog.. I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a BIG baby! Glad you're feeling better, and I hope Ty stays well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry you're sick, get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes..to one more day off!! It was really hard to go back to work today!!
    That same virus is affecting lots of people I know...yuck!!
    I am really hoping that I don't get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry you caught our junk! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! I hope you are better today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...